By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where Will Kingdom Hearts 3 Go?

Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14
Name me three big budget third party games actually released on Wii.

What does budget have to do with it? SE isn't known for low budget games yet "The World Ends With You" isn't selling that great considering it is on a handheld with a 70+ million userbase.

RE4, Guitar Hero and soon to be Rock Band. Satisfied?

RE4 sold decent due to a $29.99 price tag and Guitar Hero III due to the fact that it is a casual game.

I would give more but this is not what this topic is about.

Budget has everything to do with it. Where else are they going to get teh money to advertise the game?

And SE is known for low budget game. Just look at their PSP library, all of those rehashes would have been bombs if they hadn't been low budget,outsourced rehashes. And The World En with You is selling faily well. I don't know about you but I don't consider 1 Million to be the single threshold of success for all games. Not every game has a budget where 1 million units sold would be the only way to make some kind of profit.

Also, all of those games you listd are ports, and two of them will most likelyend up with 2+ million lifetime sales. YourGuitar Hero excuse...ugh. You have one for everything.

If you believe GH III is harcore then you are wrong. I am making no excuses. As I stated more than once already I have zero problems with aWii release of KH III, just I personally feel an exclusive Wii release would be the wrong choice.

Since when has SE been known for low budget games either?

Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, The World Ends With You, Dragon Quest, Mana Series, Front Mission, Radiata Stories, etc... are not exactly low budget.

No one said GH3 was hardcore, but you ignore the implications of your argument. Guitar Hero III is not successful because someone wrote "CASUAL!" in invisible ink on the cover of every copyof the game. It sold because it's an enjoyable music game. By simplifying every single game into "casual" and "hardcore" you disrespect them for what they actually are and ceate new problems. If Guitar Hero sells solely because it's casual, does that make the 360 the king of casual due to GH3 sales?

And all of SE's PSP rehashes are low budget. You can't prattle off a few franchise names and then pretend that the low budget ports don't exist.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

What does budget have to do with it? SE isn't known for low budget games yet "The World Ends With You" isn't selling that great considering it is on a handheld with a 70+ million userbase.

RE4 sold decent due to a $29.99 price tag and Guitar Hero III due to the fact that it is a casual game.

Budget has everything to do with it. Where else are they going to get teh money to advertise the game?

And SE is known for low budget game. Just look at their PSP library, all of those rehashes would have been bombs if they hadn't been low budget,outsourced rehashes. And The World En with You is selling faily well. I don't know about you but I don't consider 1 Million to be the single threshold of success for all games. Not every game has a budget where 1 million units sold would be the only way to make some kind of profit.

Also, all of those games you listd are ports, and two of them will most likelyend up with 2+ million lifetime sales. YourGuitar Hero excuse...ugh. You have one for everything.

If you believe GH III is harcore then you are wrong. I am making no excuses. As I stated more than once already I have zero problems with aWii release of KH III, just I personally feel an exclusive Wii release would be the wrong choice.

Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, The World Ends With You, Dragon Quest, Mana Series, Front Mission, Radiata Stories, etc... are not exactly low budget.

No this is the point we are making. You said 3rd partyhardcore games don't sell on the wii.

We said that is because all of them are low budget. 

SO that means since there is no high budget games to compare we don't know how it would sell on the wii.  

I said before I think it is more to due with the fact that Nintendo does not market their 3rd party games as much as they should. Which is why I felt that games like Zack and Wiki, Trauma Center and No More Heroes hasn't sold as well as they should have. Has nothing to do with how large the budget is. Low budget has never meant a game is poor just as how a large budget does not mean a game is good.

MS doesn't make their 3rd party games (of course, duh) but they still try to advertise, which is why they sell so well, even if that 3rd party exclusive is bad.

Do I think they could never sell, of course not, but with their history of 3rd party non casual sales I feel an exclusive release would be a bad move on SE's part, considering they know many PS3 fans as well are looking forward to this game.

It just seems people believe I am completely against a Wii release period which I have stated from the start of this discussion I am not.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The Wii's software sell through rate based on Nintendo's end of the fiscal year earning report for fiscal year 2007 (April 2007-end of March 200: Almopst 120 million! That's correct. It's not a typo. Nintendo in one year sold almost 120 million units of software compared to the PS3 life time sell through rate so far of almost 58 million. an advantage of nearly 3 to 1. Out of that number, around 40% goes to Nintendo first-party, the rest third party. Meaning third-party have 70 million units to slice between themselves! STILL higher than the PS3's lifetime total (For comparison's sakes, Nintendo sold almost 150 million software units to date compared to almost 58 million for PS3)! That isn't just an @$$ kicking, it's an @$$ stomping! A lot of developers who juts thought, "Great, lets just shovel some same ol same ol game onto the Wii and make a quick buck are probably kicking themselves right now!" while companies like Capcom, who develop games like Zack and Wiki, RE4, and devleopers like Suda 51 with No More Heroes are very happy with their sales! That's what developers are looking at! Comparing say, attach ratio of 7 (MS), 6(Nintendo) and around 5 or so (SOny) is meaningless when you look at total software sales of 120 million (Nintendo) and life time sales of 58 million (SOny).

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

No this is the point we are making. You said 3rd partyhardcore games don't sell on the wii.

SO that means since there is no high budget games to compare we don't know how it would sell on the wii.

I said before I think it is more to due with the fact that Nintendo does not market their 3rd party games as much as they should. Which is why I felt that games like Zack and Wiki, Trauma Center and No More Heroes hasn't sold as well as they should have. Has nothing to do with how large the budget is. Low budget has never meant a game is poor just as how a large budget does not mean a game is good.

MS doesn't make their 3rd party games (of course, duh) but they still try to advertise, which is why they sell so well, even if that 3rd party exclusive is bad.

Do I think they could never sell, of course not, but with their history of 3rd party non casual sales I feel an exclusive release would be a bad move on SE's part, considering they know many PS3 fans as well are looking forward to this game.

It just seems people believe I am completely against a Wii release period which I have stated from the start of this discussion I am not.

Once again you ingore my post which explains why your reasoning is wrong.  Most games advertised by sony or microsoft are either games where exclusivity was purchased with it as part of it, or where they want their system to be seen as the ideal system to get said game.

What was the last Square game to be advertised by Sony? 

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

Once again you ingore my post which explains why your reasoning is wrong.

I did not respond because your continuing to drag this off topic and I intend to stay on topic. I was never speaking with you originally and have no reason to answer either. You came in out of nowhere and attacked my opinion given to another user. Sometimes people are not 100% correct and that is fine. Your not right all the time either.

I felt I gave good reasons why an exclusive would not be a good choice and whether you like it or not it is my opinion and I will stick to it.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

I said before I think it is more to due with the fact that Nintendo does not market their 3rd party games as much as they should. Which is why I felt that games like Zack and Wiki, Trauma Center and No More Heroes hasn't sold as well as they should have. Has nothing to do with how large the budget is.

MS doesn't make their 3rd party games (of course, duh) but they still try to advertise, which is why they sell so well.

Nintendo doesn't have to market other people's games at all, so saying they aren't marketing as much as they should doesn't make any sense when they're not obligated in the slightest. If the 3rd parties are incompetent at marketing their own products it's not something Nintendo should pay (literally) for.

MS only advertise the games that directly benefit them and hurts Sony. Considering they have a lot more money to burn, it's not really a surprise.

You continuously cite Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, and Trauma Center, ignoring the fact that they are successful. Saying they didn't sell as much as you feel is, quite frankly, an asinine argument for multiple reasons. One, something so vague could be chalked up to 50 million sales for each game. Second, it's not about you but the games themselves, all of which were a success. Third, you can spin it however you like...something we're clearly seeing by you either ignoring these games success or simply being incapable of recgnizing reality.

But it's nice to see the truth come out. KH3 on the Wii is a bad idea not because 3rd party games magically don't sell. It's because the PS3 fans wouldn't like it.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

I said before I think it is more to due with the fact that Nintendo does not market their 3rd party games as much as they should. Which is why I felt that games like Zack and Wiki, Trauma Center and No More Heroes hasn't sold as well as they should have. Has nothing to do with how large the budget is.

MS doesn't make their 3rd party games (of course, duh) but they still try to advertise, which is why they sell so well.

Nintendo doesn't have to market other people's games at all, so saying they aren't marketing as much as they should doesn't make any sense when they're not obligated in the slightest. If the 3rd parties are incompetent at marketing their own products it's not something Nintendo should pay (literally) for.

MS only advertise the games that directly benefit them and hurts Sony. Considering they have a lot more money to burn, it's not really a surprise.

You continuously cite Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes, and Trauma Center, ignoring the fact that they are successful. Saying they didn't sell as much as you feel is, quite frankly, an asinine argument for multiple reasons. One, something so vague could be chalked up to 50 million sales for each game. Second, it's not about you but the games themselves, all of which were a success. Third, you can spin it however you like...something we're clearly seeing by you either ignoring these games success or simply being incapable of recgnizing reality.

But it's nice to see the truth come out. KH3 on the Wii is a bad idea not because 3rd party games magically don't sell. It's because the PS3 fans wouldn't like it.

There is where you look foolish.

How many times in the beginning of this thread and now do I need to repeat that I have zero problems with a Wii release? I just do not agree on a Wii exclusive.

From 1st page.

I would be completely content if it became Wii/PS3. If it was Wii only and used Zelda like gameplay with the wiimote being used for sword swings I could see myself probably never finishing the game, which would be very upsetting for someone like me who has followed the series from the start.

Kingdom Hearts isn't exactly what you would call a casual game either and we all know how 3rd party non casual games sell on the Wii.

I also feel the PS3 makes sense considering Disney is a supporter of the Blu Ray format.

Have I not stuck with this from the the beginning? Have I ever stated I thought it shouldn't be on the Wii at all?

With the argument of not knowing how a big budget non casual game on the Wii would sell also adds to why it shouldn't be exclusive.

Currently playing:

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
I really like the idea of having KHIII on the wii

I hate it. Kingdom Hearts has alot of sword swinging and swinging my arm 90% of the game wouldn't be fun at all. It would absolutely kill the game.

See how no more heroes is controlled.

Then what's the point of having it on the Wii?

Why half way do the best thing that the Wii has got going for it.

OT: I don't see the point of the question. It probably won't start in pre-production til at earliest 2009.

KH 3 iz 2010 GOTY confirmed!!!!1!1!!!!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SuperLloyd said:
Euphoria14 said:
MANUELF said:
@Euphoria14

Once again you ingore my post which explains why your reasoning is wrong.

I did not respond because your continuing to drag this off topic and I intend to stay on topic. I was never speaking with you originally and have no reason to answer either. You came in out of nowhere and attacked my opinion given to another user. Sometimes people are not 100% correct and that is fine. Your not right all the time either.

I felt I gave good reasons why an exclusive would not be a good choice and whether you like it or not it is my opinion and I will stick to it.

How is proving your opinion wrong on the basis that the same logic can be used to say it shouldn't be on PS3 off topic?

You simply don't want to admit your reasoning is flawed and therefore you are wrong and have to come up with some other reason to believe it will be on PS3 rather then think your being unbiased on the subject.

You are continueing the same "off topic" discussion with other posters.

RPG sales are more on topic then "non casual core" titles. 

outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
I really like the idea of having KHIII on the wii

I hate it. Kingdom Hearts has alot of sword swinging and swinging my arm 90% of the game wouldn't be fun at all. It would absolutely kill the game.

See how no more heroes is controlled.

Then what's the point of having it on the Wii?

Why half way do the best thing that the Wii has got going for it.

OT: I don't see the point of the question. It probably won't start in pre-production til at earliest 2009.

KH 3 iz 2010 GOTY confirmed!!!!1!1!!!!

Agreed, I think I am done arguing in this thread. Smarter to just wait and hope for a multi-platform release.

Currently playing: