By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's answer to Wii Fit?

still don't get it??

Xbox360 won't win, who will buy it?

whatever Microsoft says, people don't like it!! :p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network

Oh, the irony here is unreal. My daughter loves DDR type games but when her metal dance pad broke after intense use (PS2 version), we haven't played any more. There are 3 or 4 DDR games for the 360 but there isn't a high quality metal dance pad for the 360. Why is that you ask? Because Microsoft's heavy-handed management of accessories -- i.e. blocking access to the joystick port unless you license the chip required to plug in a device. I believe the cost of that little device is about 20 bucks apiece or so.

So, here they are... advertising the 360 for a genre that doesn't have a quality controller for it on the 360. Asinine.

I really enjoy my 360 but there are some seriously stupid people in charge of the 360 division when you STILL can't buy a quality metal pad for DDR games and they are trying to call attention to it... Yeah, there are a couple of foam ones and a cloth mat one, but if you play DDR with any regularity, they'll be toast. There is no substitute for a good quality metal pad. Man, I really wonder about MS sometimes...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Shameless said:
FishyJoe said:
DOATS1 said:
is it me or are microsoft literally after nintendo now.

More like desperation at this point.

Really, MS is just being stupid. They need to do one thing really well and focus on that instead of half hearted attempts at everything. IMO, they are really lacking any type of leadership right now. Without a captain at the helm, the ship is going astray.

They should definitely employ you. The forum moderator will lead the multi-billion enterprise with an MBE winning research department to greater success.

Brings a tear to my eye.

that is a bad assumption to make--amateurs often times have better insights than professionals.

you're entitled to that opinion, of course, since it's a very practical assumption, but it adds nothing to the conversation. 

if you literally meant what you said, i apologize in advance. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

I thought they would do something creative like give free Pizza Hut or MacDonalds coupon with 360 games.

This way we could play 360 to gain back the weight we lost playing the Wii !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

ROFL! The 360 promoting "family fitness" - what will they think of next?

"WiiFit" (Wii) --> "WeFat" (MS) ??

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

sounds like a horrible idea to me

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

nordlead said:
@DOATS1

Microsoft is after whoever is #1. They always have been, and always will be. They successfully destroyed Sony (even if all they did was convince Sony to follow their footsteps), and now they are gunning for Nintendo.

The problem with them gunning for Nintendo though, is they are copying Nintendo, not trying to get Nintendo to copy them. If Nintendo ever copied Microsoft, they would collapse from massive losses and go bankrupt.

Microsoft doesn't know what it takes to be a market leader.  You can't cite their success in the Office and OS market as leadership either, look where they've gone with it and how they got there (i.e. illegal and unethical business practices).

Nintendo Zealot said:
I bet DDR is more of a workoud than WiiFit. DDR just doesn't keep track of your progress.

DDR is a great cardio workout, and good for certain leg muscles, but Wii Fit also trains upper body strength, balance, and core muscles for a more balanced workout.

DDR is probably more fun than Wii Fit. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

FishyJoe said:
Copying can work, Apple is a master at it. I remember in a Steve Jobs speech, he said in order to dethrone a market leader you have to be 10x as good.

Copying doesn't tend to work all by its lonesome.  If all Apple had done was copy the PC, music player or cell phone manufacturers they would be just another Dell, Rio, or Nokia of those respecitve markets rather than carving a large piece of the pie to themselves.  Apple through great marketing, product design, interface design and good engineering (these guys do a lot more than most think, I would know, I interned in their VLSI/hardware research group) can make something once clunky or unappealing to the masses and make it quite the opposite.

kn said:
Oh, the irony here is unreal. My daughter loves DDR type games but when her metal dance pad broke after intense use (PS2 version), we haven't played any more. There are 3 or 4 DDR games for the 360 but there isn't a high quality metal dance pad for the 360. Why is that you ask? Because Microsoft's heavy-handed management of accessories -- i.e. blocking access to the joystick port unless you license the chip required to plug in a device. I believe the cost of that little device is about 20 bucks apiece or so.

So, here they are... advertising the 360 for a genre that doesn't have a quality controller for it on the 360. Asinine.

I really enjoy my 360 but there are some seriously stupid people in charge of the 360 division when you STILL can't buy a quality metal pad for DDR games and they are trying to call attention to it... Yeah, there are a couple of foam ones and a cloth mat one, but if you play DDR with any regularity, they'll be toast. There is no substitute for a good quality metal pad. Man, I really wonder about MS sometimes...

If you're feeling adventurous, here's a guide on how to get a Cobalt Flux DDR pad to work with an Xbox 360:

http://www.bunkerguts.com/blog/?p=64

I highly recommend the Cobalt Flux pad, BTW. It's invulnerable. My brother-in-law is up to 7-step difficulty and he weighs just shy of 300 lbs, but the pad just keeps on taking it. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.