outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
outlawauron said:
@ Deotox

Whatd I do that was cheap?

Using an avatar that accentuates the umm....upper area of a female charcter in the game =P

Oh, I've been switching different avys of selvaria. I like this one the best though. I photoshopped it to give a bit more attention to her .... face.

lol

@kasz: makingmusic, add me. :D

I will when I get it shipped to me. Though I gotta warn you, unless i'm playing online my PS3 is likely to be offline as i just use one wired connection for all my systems. (too lazy to buy another splitter.)

So i likely won't be giving off accurate what i play etc. (However that works) as I do most of my playing offline.

You do know the PS3 has built in wireless, right?

It's good too. Playing the KZ2 beta last night w/o a hitch.

He bought a 20GB PS3.  They didn't have wireless built in.

Yep, only way to get one cheaper then my Wii... besides which i'm kinda a snob when it comes to having a wired connection over wireless.

Why?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Qore did make me think about buying Fallout 3.....looks very cool, but there are just so many awesome games coming out in that time period.

@Lafiel
y'know I simply assumed you would die from the crossfire if you attempted to go without killing atleast the tank and a few shock troopers. Oh well, sounds like killing everyone in 2 turns is better for you than rushing to finish in one turn anyway.

Is it better to complete with an A rank and only kill 2 soldiers, or is it better to get a B/C rank and kill all of the enemies?  Note, I have never played an SRPG before.

I really like the demo.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
Torillian said:
Qore did make me think about buying Fallout 3.....looks very cool, but there are just so many awesome games coming out in that time period.

@Lafiel
y'know I simply assumed you would die from the crossfire if you attempted to go without killing atleast the tank and a few shock troopers. Oh well, sounds like killing everyone in 2 turns is better for you than rushing to finish in one turn anyway.

Is it better to complete with an A rank and only kill 2 soldiers, or is it better to get a B/C rank and kill all of the enemies?  Note, I have never played an SRPG before.

I really like the demo.

Depends. You get more experience if you kill the enemies.

You getting better rewards for getting the higher rank.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
bobobologna said:
outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
outlawauron said:
@ Deotox

Whatd I do that was cheap?

Using an avatar that accentuates the umm....upper area of a female charcter in the game =P

Oh, I've been switching different avys of selvaria. I like this one the best though. I photoshopped it to give a bit more attention to her .... face.

lol

@kasz: makingmusic, add me. :D

I will when I get it shipped to me. Though I gotta warn you, unless i'm playing online my PS3 is likely to be offline as i just use one wired connection for all my systems. (too lazy to buy another splitter.)

So i likely won't be giving off accurate what i play etc. (However that works) as I do most of my playing offline.

You do know the PS3 has built in wireless, right?

It's good too. Playing the KZ2 beta last night w/o a hitch.

He bought a 20GB PS3.  They didn't have wireless built in.

Yep, only way to get one cheaper then my Wii... besides which i'm kinda a snob when it comes to having a wired connection over wireless.

Why?

Even in the best circumstances Wired seems to get better performance and have less errors, performance and slowdowns in service.

wired is just better

<-- wired connection fanboy

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

wired is just better

<-- wired connection fanboy

Yeah, I don't get it. I like the convience of wireless.

Oh ya, here is some Valkyria news to get us on topic. 

Here's a very in-depth preview.

dbot said:
Torillian said:

@Lafiel

I really like the demo.

I played this game forward and backwards on the Japanese version clockin almost 300 hours now (that includes the time I idled for writing up my guide on gamefaqs lol)...  I'd say settle for nothing than S-Rank!! you get much much better bonus for getting higher ranks. money, and experience wise. With B ranks, you'd probably have to play some free battles to rake up some cash and exp to upgrade, with S-Ranking along the way, you can play through your first playthrough without any additional battles. just go straight from one battle to next.

I hope i am not the only one here, but I hope this game does at least decently well in the U.S. :( i really want this game to suceed... I hope critics give it a nice review... also has anyone noticed this game is releasing on 11/11? :P The date on which World War I ended... how fitting for this game!! :) (although the game is more paralleled to WWII but anyways...) it'd be so cool if it's released on 11/11 and on the 11th hour too!

Torillian said:
@Lafiel

uhmm.. you don't need to run through their range of fire - just take the way behind those fences and run towards the guy at the bridge

you can easily win the skirmish that way with only using 2 medals

OK, the best possible result of the "skirmish" seems to be to kill the two elite units and the tank and take the enemy base within one round - that's not that hard to do (if someone is interested I can post the exact tactics to do so here).

I wonder what you'd have to do to get S-Rank though...

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsPendingCom-218166.aspx?CT=1&Page=2&Page2=1#C1645468

9/10

PS mag USA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey