By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii outsold any 360/ps3 week ever

A PS3 fanboy, Kwaad, confirms that Wii is a fad!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Wii is just a fad like the NES was no one even care about that system any more.

"Like you know"

Omg shut up. It's just a fad. Let it die. Once people realize how much it suxorz it will be shipped back to nintendo. ;)

Just to point out that the Wii did have a major release this week in MKwii. Therefore logic that Wii is greater than a GTA release can not be proven.

"Like you know"

The ridiculous thing this week, is even WITH GTA - the Wii outsold the 360 + PS3 COMBINED. So even this week, is a momentum week for the Wii as it edges towards 50% marketshare. Crazy.

...and next week? WiiFit...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Yes, but MK didn't have nearly as big software sales for GTA, so it still stands.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

lets blow up nintendo before they unlock the brainwash machine in the wii and take over the world

Yeah, an incredible week for the wii!

On the one hand, the GTAIV boost to the PS3 and XBox 360 will continue into the next few weeks, so it's not quite over yet (and I'm sure North American sales of the Wii will be down next week, as has been their pattern). On the other hand, nobody here should really be surprised, because even a combination of Halo 3 and a price drop for the 360 only allowed Microsoft to take the lead in North America for one month; when you take that into account, GTAIV never really stood a chance of killing the Wii like some people who shall remain nameless believed.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

PS3 has a much better chance of outselling Wii next week now because NA sales will be down quite a lot. However i still doubt it because Europe and Japan sales will remain strong for wii, and sales should come down for PS3, GTA should prove to be quite front loaded compared to most games. PS3 will probably be within 100k though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X