By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - X-Play reviews Mario Kart Wii (Prepared to be offended)

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/features/21608/Mario_Kart_Wii_Review.html

Come on! A casual toolbag? Bashing Bowser Castle 3? PHAIL!!

Around the Network

i don't think anyone really cares what they think come on its G4 lol

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

They gave 4 out of 5, what do you want? The casual toolbag thing was hysterical, lol. And I like that they acknowledge the "being punished for doing well" aspect of the game. But come on, it got 80%, that seems good. :)

i actually agree with this review and the casual toolbag thing made me lol.

wii fanboys will never be satisfied until Nintendo has Kaz and Bill sweeping their front offices in Mario and Luigi outfits.

Around the Network

Why are x-play's reviews so short? I think it's a good score compared to other reviews. Mario Kart has never been an AAA franchise.

hmm... Didn't they give certain EA game on Wii 5/5?

You either like XPLAY or you don't, you can't love them when they give you good score, and call the score garbage when they do.

Personally, I chose to ignore XPLAY alltogether.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

You either like XPLAY or you don't, you can't love them when they give you good score, and call the score garbage when they do.

That is so funny. I guess they are one of those "casual tools" if they think that Bloom Blox> Mario Kart.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:

That is so funny. I guess they are one of those "casual tools" if they think that Bloom Blox> Mario Kart.

Also the same person who gave Crisis Core a 2 and Crysis a 3.

So, I really don't care what they say. but frankly, "Casual toolbox" is better than a racial jokes about the Japanese. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I think the review is pretty much exactly what everyone else has been saying about this game, same old same old, but it punishes you for doing well. I dont see thread after thread bashing all the other review sites that have said that. And the 80% is right on the money with everyone else too.

What was the point of this thread?

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"