By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: First Day Sales (RE4:Wii, 30k)

basically what i expected from RE4, maybe 80-100k lifetime.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
WiiGirl76 said:

Ehm it's the Minna No Golf Ba for the PSP. Not sure what it means, looks awefully the same as Hot Shots Golf / Everybody's Golf for the PSP (remake of the PS version)...Second volume will release on August, 2nd. Should be a lesson to quit making remakes over remakes...

RE4 is slightly dissappointing to me, considering the scores we're unbelievable high, but since a lot of Nintendoids in Japan buy their games during the weekends I'm curious how the figures will look like next week.

Lol remakes normaly scores good (FF remakes)

Ps: Je bent helemaal Wii geworden jij hé ;). 

Lol... Nederlandstaligen domineren! Te mooi !

Maar in ieder geval....! Resident evil 4 doet 't best goed voor dag 1!

-Now... Lets see how many people understand this!

THE NETHERLANDS

Considering RE4 only sold around 215k on Gamecube and around 450k on the PS2 it really hasn't been a huge game in Japan anyway. If it does 100-200k total sales in Japan I think Capcom should be happy.

I guess most Japanese aren't interested in those types of games. I know I'm not.

Around the Network

haha kber i got you there, what did you say? :D 30k RE:4 for first week? i know i shouldn't listen to others.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
haha kber i got you there, what did you say? :D 30k RE:4 for first week? i know i shouldn't listen to others.

I said 50k - 75k for week one. You said 400k... So it looks like I'm a bit closer.

Werll I'm in the I'm surpised RE4 sold as well as it did group. Only 700k, or 20%, of RE4's sales came from Japan last time. Those sales came on systems that had sold over 100 million units by then. 30k for its first weekend isn't bad given that total sales in Japan will likely be somewhere between 100k and 150k. Worldwide sales will probably be in the 400-800k range. Not too shabby for a 3 year old port. Too bad about HSG not being the HSG prophesied to actually sell PS3's. I guess we're waiting until August for that game to fail like all the rest.

HSG is the one on PSP, but I don't expect the PS3 one to move too many systems.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

a.l.e.x59 said:
I guess most Japanese aren't interested in those types of games. I know I'm not.

Neither do I, but only because these kind of games scare the sh*t outta me :D One nasty sound out of a zombie right in front of my screen and you've got me bouncing on the ceiling out of fear :D. Yeah I know.. it's not real... Japan is normally well known about it's freaking scary horror movies and also certain horror games, Clock Tower, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark... for example... *can't think of any other at this moment*. RE5 is always high in the list of most wanted according to Famitsu.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*