By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Killzone 2 Trailer

thanks for that positive comment MrMarc

Things like this is why this site exists in the first place.

It will be a technical masterpiece at the time of its release.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

Every day that passes, KZ2 is less relevant, and looks less impressive.

By the time it finally gets released, it will just be "another" FPS. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Every day that passes, KZ2 is less relevant, and looks less impressive.

By the time it finally gets released, it will just be "another" FPS. 

Yeah, thankfully though we have Mario Kart Wii, with motorbikes!!

PSN - hanafuda

MrMarc said:
Looks shit.

I'm not even joking there, how can people still be as over excited as they are for this underwhelming hype fest?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/board.php?id=4

The second gameplay trailer looks very impressive. The smoke and explosion effects have definetly been improved. It also looks like they've added a little more colour to the game overall, which isn't a bad thing, but the shadows and muted colour scheme do add a gritty and dark feel to the game.

Yeah.. each time worse and worse, lol.

yeah, that was a bridge. 

LBP as always is awesome. 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Nice to see the constructive responses to my post! Seriously though, shams is right, as a FPS this game is looking incredibly underwhelming. Visually it's... nothing much, and technically I think is still overshadowed by the likes (and looks) of COD4, Crysis and the upcoming Far Cry 2.

Looking at both the new videos the gameplay is just completely uninspired, slow paced and above all it just looks very boring. Killzone 2 has never once impressed since it's day one unveiling and that's with all fanboyism aside. Killzone 1 was piss poor and this looks no better either.

I honestly believe anyone's excitement in this is completely dumbfounded. 

@MrMarc: You really must be blind if you think COD4 looks better than KZ2, the textures, models, PP, effects, lighting and animations are already better than what COD4 offers, and that's saying alot. Downplay it all you want, but it's the most technically impressive console FPS ever shown. The gameplay is meant to be slower paced b/c there's a cover system, and no one knows how the gameplay, AI and level designs will turn out until it's out. I think it's better for you to stop your attempt at downplaying KZ2 and leave it alone, if you dislike KZ/guerilla/sony, it's one thing but false and ignorant accusations are another.

On topic: It's unlikely that Guerilla changed the entire color scheme to the game, the difference between the recent gameplay videos and the E307 videos are based on the weather. By killing off the "Helghast weather machines", the sky clears up and the grey clouds go away, giving the lighting and filter a more vibrant look.

Have they announced any information regarding online or coop?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

nothing about online

Time to Work !

Dalinor, Bbsin, and Hanafuda, I love you guys xD

I personally think the game looks absolutely fantastic, and anyone wanting to bash the graphics, go right on ahead xD I have no problem with you being wrong :P You naysayers fall into about a less than 1% category on opinions of the game so far, so how about you just let us stay nice and hyped yeah?

I REALLY dig they're lighting engine :P This game looks so buckled down for a war-scene, they're doing a fantastic job and like someone mentioned earlier they're use of effects is just astounding ^_^. I personally love the look for a FPS, you want to talk about awkward, how about playing halo 3 with a ton of purple, blue, green and red hues xD you wanna talk about lack of immersion...

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.