By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Anyways my main suggestions from an FPS gamers point of view is that every game is the same and it sounds like your will just get lost in the clutter

Here where some of my ideas of what I would want in an FPS

- Team 1 vs Team 2 vs Team 3

- Female/Male characters each with their own advantages/disadvantages

- Non humanoid shaped characters - Giants, Midgets, Sphere shaped, two headed, goo/liquid each with their own advantages

- World Map where each game won brings you closer to the enemies HQ. Losing pushes you back towards your HQ. Win the map on your enemies HQ and win a medal, lose on your HQ and receive a scar

- How about tunneling?? i'd love to be able to tunnel towards an enemy base and appear behind their lines..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
famousringo said:

Assuming the gameplay is good, I tend to look at a dollars per hour ratio. I'd consider 5 hours of game for $10 to be a good deal. Go lower and I might start looking at disc-based games, instead.

Edit: And a similar ratio for new DLC. $5 for 2 hours of levels or so.

Edit edit: Hold on, you said 'match types.' So this is a multiplayer FPS? If you can make some seriously fun gameplay and well-designed multiplayer maps I'd be all over this game like stink on a monkey!

Yup, the main core of the game would be in the fashion of Quake 3 Arena, where its a series of "arena" battles, vs bots or other players online, or a combo of both. Different modes - FFA, CTF about 8 others in there too.

If you could make this game half as tight as TF2 and give it MP3/MoHH2 control on WiiWare, you'd have a day 1 download.

BTW I have a deep love of control point based maps. :) 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm sure it isn't feasible due to copywrite, but I'd love to see a portal battle. You coudl have it set up so that you could place both end of the portal, and give yourself a shortcut to an advantageous area, but someone else could use their portals to place one end at a dangerous area and the other end they use to hijack one side of your portal, if you try to use your portal, instead of going to the area you wanted, you end up in the dangerous area.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Put the game in a place where it stands WAY out there. For (strictly) example cel-shaded or small avatar-ish goon (Battalion Wars comes to mind. Those were just strictly examplee, but anything that would make us say, Halo/GeOW/etc., DOESN't have that would be cool. O, the ART style is what would really set it apart. Using color is good. No bland gray walls gray floors deal. If your game screams style, people notice that way more. Style influences purchases (No More Heroes anyone?) I could tell you hundreds of things but, why waste your time right?
PS: If you pay for DLC, make it worth it. 200 Wii Points for 1 new gun is wack. And if you release DLC constantly, try not to announce it too far ahead, or people might lose interest (like announcing DLC 4 months ahead would be BAD)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

If it had a decent reception and was free of bugs/glitches then maybe. Otherwise I would just think it was cheap crap.

Around the Network

To add something more LOL, having things like a rating system (80% good on a level, 4 stars) is really good and keeps people coming back to get a higher score/grade. Some people don't buy games just because the way the health bars are designed! So once again I say STYLE, but don't drop the substance.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SamuelRSmith said:
I would pick it up if:

a)It was unique
b)Killing was satisfying
c)It had decent stat-tracking/community features.
d)It had a good ranking system.

Hell, for those things, I'd pay £20 for it. But only if the PSN version wasn't account-locked like Warhawk, I have siblings with their own accounts who might want to play the game (and I don't want them playing on my account).

The mappacks should have a small charge at the start, and free later on.

Is it locked on the same PS3? (and can't you just played non-ranked games?)

Anyway, I would not get it, because I don't play online that often, and I will be playing GTA, Haze and R2 for the rest of the year basically

I don't think the price is realistic. $10 is way too cheap, assuming it has Wii graphics. I won't buy it, because there's something wrong with the price/quality.

Why not? Assuming it's good, has fun online, no bugs, interesting match-types and interesting maps, of course!

If it would have nice controls (like Metroid Prime 3 or Medal of Honor Heroes 2), and online gameplay would be fun, I wouldn't mind paying 10 or even 20 bucks for the game.