By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Your game would have to offer something unique, or do something significantly better than similar games on the market now. Simply creating a multiplayer FPS and selling it for $10 wouldn't entice me.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

Probably not. There is a large number of FPS games available for every system minus the Wii. Unless this particular FPS game was able to do something amazing and unique, there'd be little to no point in picking it up at any price IMO. On the other hand, if it did manage to do something amazing, I don't think price would be a concern.

Essentially, sure you could buy a load of horse crap for $10 but you're still buying horse crap. Price doesn't change the final product.

Plus I personally hate the idea of paying for additional downloadable content later on. The sooner it comes out, the more I feel like the developer cheated me out of something that should have been in the base product and not DLC.

I agree. Hell there are plenty of good generic free downloadble FPS on PC.

Were it some other genre i'd consider it however. 

For $10.00, I'd be more willing to overlook limited depth. In fact, if the controls were good and it didn't seem like a "me-too", rehashed, I've-already-played-this-game-before feeling, definitely.

Control and uniqueness count high in my book to the point that full game price would be considered.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Any new FPS needs something unique at the most basic level of gameplay to pique my interest.

A different kind of alien or gun won't do it for me.

I still think the best level design in an FPS was Doom 2.

I mean, I'll try any FPS on the planet, but to get me to actually PAY a single dime for one these days... it's gotta be better than Porta or Half-Life.

famousringo said:

Assuming the gameplay is good, I tend to look at a dollars per hour ratio. I'd consider 5 hours of game for $10 to be a good deal. Go lower and I might start looking at disc-based games, instead.

Edit: And a similar ratio for new DLC. $5 for 2 hours of levels or so.

Edit edit: Hold on, you said 'match types.' So this is a multiplayer FPS? If you can make some seriously fun gameplay and well-designed multiplayer maps I'd be all over this game like stink on a monkey!

Yup, the main core of the game would be in the fashion of Quake 3 Arena, where its a series of "arena" battles, vs bots or other players online, or a combo of both. Different modes - FFA, CTF about 8 others in there too.  

Around the Network

ahh FPS, how about i go old school on you guys and say my fav is Wolfenstien 3D. That one will never be matched. and as for the topic, the only games i get are discount so i would welcome any sort of FPS for ~$10

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

I would be interested if it had good community options.

bardicverse said:
famousringo said:

Assuming the gameplay is good, I tend to look at a dollars per hour ratio. I'd consider 5 hours of game for $10 to be a good deal. Go lower and I might start looking at disc-based games, instead.

Edit: And a similar ratio for new DLC. $5 for 2 hours of levels or so.

Edit edit: Hold on, you said 'match types.' So this is a multiplayer FPS? If you can make some seriously fun gameplay and well-designed multiplayer maps I'd be all over this game like stink on a monkey!

Yup, the main core of the game would be in the fashion of Quake 3 Arena, where its a series of "arena" battles, vs bots or other players online, or a combo of both. Different modes - FFA, CTF about 8 others in there too.  

I just had the greatest ideas but I accidently pushed back and erased it all... sorry

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The game doesnt have to be unque or special or even that great to sell i needs attewntion and hype. But they wont come back if it isnt good

"Like you know"

One thing I would recommend, at least if this is being considered as a Wiiware title, would be to either skip friends lists, or to have it so you can automatically choose someone you're in a battle with to send a friend code to, so they could add you without having to type the thing and send emails all over the place in order to confirm everything.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her