By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

GTA4(360) around 2:1 over PS3 in NA, but more hardware moved for PS3... same as i predicted. Either way, the 360 "shortages" excuse is out the window now, the playstation brand name is starting to kick in for the NA market but 360 is still the king of software and is FAR from "finished" in NA. I wonder if 360 can keep the monthly multiplatform software lead over the PS3 until the end of the generation. Anyways, good numbers all around, No fanboy should be upset this week.

Around the Network

This week looks like holiday.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Vagabond

Yeah, what PDF said.

You act as if it will only outsell 360 by 50-100k

and then you extrapolate for the rest of the year, negating big games, price drops, and holiday times... try again.

Big games and price drops will work both ways. Those could easily work out to a wash in the end. Holidays are a weird one of course since it is very hard to predict the gap between two consoles. The percentage difference is not maintained, and the absolute difference will probably increase.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Amazing numbers, but I dont think that the Wii numbers were solely because of Mario Kart, I think Nintendo just opened the flood gates and saturated the market with Wii's to counter act GTA IVs sales.

For the people that say the gap is barely noticable, just wait for Europes numbers to come in, I expect the sales percentage of GTA sales to be exactly flipped, and remember that they have the GTA IV exclusive bundles with System. The HW numbers should be pretty big. 

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

HOLY CRAPFIELD MCCOY!! That is some serious numbers up dar'.

3 - 1m sellers in first week in one region and not in a holiday?
Wii selling 400k in one week in one region not in a holiday?

Nintendo is definitely pushing Wii's to NA for the impending killer of all games ever and I blame Wii Fit!

Around the Network
Stever89 said:
Wii numbers were adjusted up to 400k.

Just noticed this.  So crazy.  NPD will shit their pants this month when they compile their numbers.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:
Stever89 said:

Just noticed this. So crazy. NPD will shit their pants this month when they compile their numbers.

NPD will not take any notice of VGChartz when compiling their monthly numbers.

BTW NPD removed their numbers from public because tracking sites used to copy them. 

Rock_on_2008 said:
loadedstatement said:
Stever89 said:

Just noticed this. So crazy. NPD will shit their pants this month when they compile their numbers.

NPD will not take any notice of VGChartz when compiling their monthly numbers.

BTW NPD removed their numbers from public because tracking sites used to copy them.

Wrong!!

This is why I had expected Microsoft to drop price before GTA4. It was pretty clear PS3 was one big push away from outselling 360 for a while in the Americas. Now its too late for a few months...

Profits are nice though I guess. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

This is why I had expected Microsoft to drop price before GTA4. It was pretty clear PS3 was one big push away from outselling 360 for a while in the Americas. Now its too late for a few months...

Profits are nice though I guess.

Unless the 360 gets a drastic price cut i dont see the 360 ever outselling the ps3 in th US agian. But MS has waited this long i think sony could follow suit, I gues we'll see this 15th how well sony's game division is doing. Thats .02