By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DMeisterJ said:
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!

PS3 > 360?

I bet Starcraft is turning over in his banned grave... lulz.

Lol. I thought of starcraft while making the thread.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Yeah, that's about how I see it.

Though I think Nintendo focused primarily on NA this week, because it is easily GTA's strongest market That being said, the Wii will probably still dominate the ps3/360 individually in the EU.

Wii will probably beat PS3 and 360 combined in the EU. ioi predicted 700k for the wii this week. That leaves another 350K for Japan and Others. Wii will probably sell nearly 300K in Others.

It is official, 360 will be 3rd this generation.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Im expecting around 200k for PS3 in EU.

Bodhesatva said:
DOATS1 said:
hmm, must say, i'm disappointed at how little hardware this game moved, despite the software it seems to have moved. hopefully others is a different story.

The increase is huge. It doubled the sales of the console in a single week. I'm not sure what you were expecting, but clearly you haven't looked at the effect of other monster releases on console sales, because this is quite a strong push.

My opinion: both the 360 and particularly the PS3 had a spectacular jump this week, very good even considering a monster game came out this week.

agreed, idk what people were expecting, the PS3 could end up with well over 300k this week, which i think is solid. those expecting 400-500k were insane.

you guys gotta stop comparing a hard core oriented game which appeals to a very small portion of the market, about 7ish% or so to a console that appeals to a very HUGE sector of the market. and were talking about opposit ends of the market to. Why on earth would a hard core game steal sales away from a console that rides on the more casual "any one can play" games??? Its like thinking that the pizza shop that just moved in next door is going to steal sales away from the news agent across the road, their completly different markets. Soon you will all realise why Nintendo continues to state their not affraid of anything ms or sony bring out because ninty has it all covered

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

Around the Network

Three more weeks like this and Nintendo's userbase in America will be equal or greater than XBOX 360. Nintendo outsold the 360 by a quarter of a million. Looks like Reggie's predictions are right.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

makingmusic476 said:
DMeisterJ said:
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!

PS3 > 360?

I bet Starcraft is turning over in his banned grave... lulz.

Lol. I thought of starcraft while making the thread.

lool,,,this is Starcraft after seeing the NA sales:

OT:Wow@Wii

Nice for PS3

And for 360 ,,it's good but they have invested so much in this game in hopes of crushing PS3.

The Wii sales most likely had nothing to do with MK or any particular title for that matter. Wait for the NA soft sales for the week to come up to confirm or contradict.

Assuming the NA numbers are correct, 360k consoles were sold because that's how many Nintendo delivered to shelves last week. Many were noting the actual presence of consoles at reatailers last week. This should come as no surprise to anyone.

I won't be surprised if we see a big drop in NA numbers next week. Going by past trends, it's likely we'll see under 100k moved next week. Followed by another big jump the week after moving up to the release of Wii Fit. (note: Amazon is currently sold out of pre-sales)

Seeing as how there are still people on this gamer's site that haven't been able to buy one off the shelf (that are actively looking for one) is a good indicator they are still short in supply.

Boy the NPD next week will be interesting VGZ had the PS3 beat the 360 every week in that period. If 360 beats the PS3 or now is close then VGZ will take a beating.

Also wondering about Best Buy. Does VGZ have access to Best Buy numbers? Certainly with the $50 gift card a larger percentage of 360 sales happened at Best Buy.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

If the 360 comes in 3rd (which it probably will) it's going to take a long time, and be close. Even if the PS3 outsells the 360 by 50-100k (100k is high end, and probably won't happen regularly for a while if at all) a week, that's going to be how many weeks? Completely rough estimation (I don't feel like doing math right now), it's 6 mil behind, which puts it at 60-120 weeks. Two years it can catch up. Just over a year is unrealistic, so say in a year and a half to two years it will catch up. Hardly a devastating defeat. At the end of the gen, the two will be very close and 3rd place will seem meaningless.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.