By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is this how it's going to end? A flaming contest of 360 vs PS3?

Around the Network

Wii numbers were adjusted up to 400k.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii was overtracked. I mean. That's just so much.

Wow. Then again, that may explain why i actually saw a used Wii out there.

Figured roughly 1.3m Mario Kart Wii sold in America. But wow 400k Wii's sold? Because of MKWii.. really :O.. it's going to be a really go bridge title tbh.

Nothing too surprising this week, we all knew the wii would sell like this, all the stores are packed with the system.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
I need to say this

360 is now finished...

if EU makes PS3 be 50K ahead & JAP 9K then it is outselling 360 by 100K in the week of 360's probably biggest release ever..

PS3 still has FF13, MGS4, GT 5

The 360 is selling better then it did last year, it might be selling less then they composition, but until sales of the 360 actualy go down (and they haven't), it's not finished.

Exblackman said:

I predicting that the first time in history in america charts that the top three spots in the software charts will all be first week million sellers.

May be in this order

1. GTA IV 360

2. GTA IV PS3

3. Mario Kart WII

NA numbers are up and this got to be  one of the biggest softwae totals I have ever seen for one week ever for one region. Game Industry might just be recession proof in America. And yeah I called it.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

amazing numbers for the Wii... is going to surpass the 360 very soon...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

PDF said:
The_vagabond7 said:
If the 360 comes in 3rd (which it probably will) it's going to take a long time, and be close. Even if the PS3 outsells the 360 by 50-100k (100k is high end, and probably won't happen regularly for a while if at all) a week, that's going to be how many weeks? Completely rough estimation (I don't feel like doing math right now), it's 6 mil behind, which puts it at 60-120 weeks. Two years it can catch up. Just over a year is unrealistic, so say in a year and a half to two years it will catch up. Hardly a devastating defeat. At the end of the gen, the two will be very close and 3rd place will seem meaningless.

That is assuming the weekly gap wont get any bigger. Most of lat year the 360 was beating the ps3 weekly but that has changed. So you cant assume things will stay the same. With the PS3 momentum over the 360 it looks like the gap will get bigger making the ps3 passing the 360 next yr WW very possible.

this is a very simple math with avg estimate on a high end range of 100k a week, you guys attacking him like ps3 will infinitely increasing the gap from now on.  Look a few months back, ps3 outsell the 360 in weeks below 50k or even 20k range if I recall correctly, then of course there is the higher end week of 100k(havent see it happen yet).  even calculating with a high estimate average week of 100k from now on, you'll still need 60 weeks to close that 6mil gap.

@ Vagabond

Yeah, what PDF said.

You act as if it will only outsell 360 by 50-100k

and then you extrapolate for the rest of the year, negating big games, price drops, and holiday times... try again.