By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No European Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War sales.. ?

FilaBrasileiro said:
FishyJoe said:

The DS has a software shipment number of 370m, 127m difference between VGC.

The DS library has close to 600 games that aren't tracked at all.

The DS has 9 missing million sellers, as Nintendo reported 57 million sellers.

See I can play this game all day long. It's pointless. All systems have unprepresented titles and you can find contrasting data to argue that each is undertracked. I don't see conclusive data that one system is being undertracked more than another.

FishyJoe said:
You're taking one statistic out of many available which is not proof. Attach ratio is one of many measurements that we can analyze.

Read my sig.

If Nintendo reported 57 million sellers that would be 57 million sellers sold to retailers, not sold to consumers which, as you know, is what vgchartz tracks. You should take your own advice and read your signature.

You're kind of proving my point, even though I did probably make a slight error in presenting that data. That's exactly what I was trying to do, cherry pick data. 

Around the Network

Oh yeah while I'm at it, as far as that platinum sellers list goes, as written on the Wikipedia entry:

For PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable releases, there is no specific target required to achieve Platinum status as indicated by SCEE Press Releases and the discrepancies between the Platinum status of specific titles and their chart performance.

hunter_alien said:

True , I shoudlent have brought the total software sales figures , when we where talking only about Others ... that was my bad . But you cant honestly bealive that the PSP has an attch ratio of 2:1 in Others while the DS has an attch ratio of 20:1 , because at this point thats the tracked numbers difference , and as much as you want , you cant convince me . Also , lets dont forget that the DS has an over 2:1 hardware lead .

Low PSP attach ratio makes perfect sense.... the thing is pirated like mad...

The DS does not have the same piracy problems, it exists but it's not as easy.

Plus the userbase has a lot more first time/casual gamers that don't even know what game piracy could be, while PSP users are usually more traditionnal gamers, older and more apt at doing this.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Kasz216 said:
hunter_alien said:
FishyJoe said:

The DS has a software shipment number of 370m, 127m difference between VGC.

The DS library has close to 600 games that aren't tracked at all.

The DS has 9 missing million sellers, as Nintendo reported 57 million sellers.

See I can play this game all day long. It's pointless. All systems have unprepresented titles and you can find contrasting data to argue that each is undertracked. I don't see conclusive data that one system is being undertracked more than another.

True , I shoudlent have brought the total software sales figures , when we where talking only about Others ... that was my bad . But you cant honestly bealive that the PSP has an attch ratio of 2:1 in Others while the DS has an attch ratio of 20:1 , because at this point thats the tracked numbers difference , and as much as you want , you cant convince me .

If you can't be convinced otherwise on a point you shouldn't be argueing. (Outside of issues involving human rights)

Japan's PSP attach ratio is very low according to the official trackers from last check. So to use US as your sole choice of data seems flawed.

Is it possible that the PSP has more missing software numbers? Sure... because a lot of PSP games sell a lot less software.

The games that don't have numbers for them more often then not are going to be games that don't sell a lot or track well below the radar of sales... because it's very hard to use a system to see whether a few sales are part of a trend or just abberation in the data.

Then again the DS just has more games released for it to my knoweledge... so it's possible that a number of DS selling games have missing numbers.

Even in the US the PSP is half a game behind the DS.

The only reason I used the US data its because afther my knowledge its the most acurate ( because of NPD ) , along with the Japanese one ( Mediacrate and Famitsu ) . So I dont get it why my data is flawed :?

If there is ~ 110 million softwares shiped for the PSP and from that ~ 74 million are sold in the US and Japan  thanwhere is the rest sold ? In Pal regions . Thats around 36 million PSP games .

Please tell me one data that is not correct , one number that is wrong and then Il continue ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!