By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No European Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War sales.. ?

Munkeh111 said:
PSP software tracking in Europe is not as complete as in other places, we are missing EU data for like half the PSP library, i don't know whether ioi is working on a solution though

Other systems also have missing data for much of the library. It is not unique to the PSP.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
hunter_alien said:
Well there are 2 reasons for that my friend :

1. Tracking games in Others is hard
2. Your talking about the PSP , the most undertracked ( software wise ) system from all .

But look at games like Daxter : it did over a million in Others and its not even tracked at all . Ratchet & Clank Size Matters is Platinum in Others , meaning that it sold 300k at least and we still have 0 numbers . When we talk about the PSP get used to have flawed data , and expect rabid DS fans proclaiming that the PSP is dead software wise ( luckily their hardware argument is long dead ) .

I still have yet to see you post any solid evidence that the PSP is more unrepresented than any other system. Every system has unrepresented games. I'm getting tired of you keep on making the same argument, yet not have any statistical evidence to back it up. Put up or shut up.

Well Il take iois word , who actually stated that the PSP software numbers are ~ the same in others than they are in the US ( this was back when I made the complaint topic about how only 4 ( !!! ) PSP games are tracked , somewhere back in January I think ) . Now seeing that in most weeks we saw in the US sales of over 250k for the PSP and in Other we had seen max. 70k or rarley above .... well I think you get my point . 

There are 49 Platinum games on the PSP ( according to Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_range ) , from which VGC only tracks 30 if I count it correct . That means that 19 or 18 games that sold well over 300k are not even tracked at all ( note : when they reach Platinum state and get cheaper games see a boost as allways ) meaning that at least 6 million software sales from just Platinum sales arent even tracked . OMG we allready doubled with those numbers the total ammount of tracked games since the Others top 50 exists ( less then 3 million ) . 

The atach rate is currently listed as 0.25 , and the DS has 2.66 . Yes the DS is undertracked severly to , but dont tell me when the attach rate is nearly the same in the US for them , that in Others the DS has a more than 10 times as big attach ratio , because I wont buy that .

Oh , and Lets dont forgte that Sony reached the 100 million shipped game UMD numbers back in January , and VGC has only 70 million worldwide sales . Now seeing that CC , CoO , MHP2G and many other games came out Im shure that the shipment number reached 110 million , and dont tell me that 40 million games are just sitting on shelves ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The DS has a software shipment number of 370m, 127m difference between VGC. 

The DS library has close to 600 games that aren't tracked at all.  

The DS has 9 missing million sellers, as Nintendo reported 57 million sellers.

See I can play this game all day long. It's pointless. All systems have unprepresented titles and you can find contrasting data to argue that each is undertracked. I don't see conclusive data that one system is being undertracked more than another. 

FishyJoe said:

See I can play this game all day long. It's pointless. All systems have unprepresented titles and you can find contrasting data to argue that each is undertracked. I don't see conclusive data that one system is being undertracked more than another.

True , I shoudlent have brought the total software sales figures , when we where talking only about Others ... that was my bad . But you cant honestly bealive that the PSP has an attch ratio of 2:1 in Others while the DS has an attch ratio of 20:1 , because at this point thats the tracked numbers difference , and as much as you want , you cant convince me . Also , lets dont forget that the DS has an over 2:1 hardware lead .

Now if we part that 370 million in 2 , then we get 185 million .

The PSP has 110 million . 

The DS has an attach ratio of ~ 5.3:1

The PSP ~ 3.33

Yes the difference is huge but still far less then 10:1

Now lets say that from that 110 million ( judging by the fact that the US data is accurate ) 54 million are from the US , and in Japan 19 million , then where is the rest > 35 million software . 

If that number comes from Others than the attach rate for the PSP there should be ~ 3:1 right ?

Now if the DS is undertracked as severly in Others as the PSP than the DS has to have an attach rate of 30:1 =============> that the DS had sold ~ 750 million software in Others alone , and lets be honest thats impossible .

You're taking one statistic out of many available which is not proof. Attach ratio is one of many measurements that we can analyze.

Read my sig.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
You're taking one statistic out of many available which is not proof. Attach ratio is of many measurements that we can analyze.

Read my sig.

OMG ... all of my numbers I used are official statements , the same you are using ... if you dont bealive me now than I dont think that anyone could make you bealive, because every single number and conclusion I made are true numbers , and like it or not they are true .

I start to think that you cant actually give me a real reason why my numbers are incorrect , so the fight is pretty pointless then :? 

Did I say your numbers were wrong. No, you're taking data which is flawed to begin with and using that to prop up your argument. The data is incomplete and it even says so.

When people comment on PSP software sales being bad, it's almost alway due to the fact that PSP titles rarely appear on the charts. Not because of some tie ratio that isn't even accurate and has never claimed to be.

hunter_alien said:
FishyJoe said:

True , I shoudlent have brought the total software sales figures , when we where talking only about Others ... that was my bad . But you cant honestly bealive that the PSP has an attch ratio of 2:1 in Others while the DS has an attch ratio of 20:1 , because at this point thats the tracked numbers difference , and as much as you want , you cant convince me .

If you can't be convinced otherwise on a point you shouldn't be argueing. (Outside of issues involving human rights)

Japan's PSP attach ratio is very low according to the official trackers from last check. So to use US as your sole choice of data seems flawed.

Is it possible that the PSP has more missing software numbers? Sure... because a lot of PSP games sell a lot less software.

The games that don't have numbers for them more often then not are going to be games that don't sell a lot or track well below the radar of sales... because it's very hard to use a system to see whether a few sales are part of a trend or just abberation in the data.

Then again the DS just has more games released for it to my knoweledge... so it's possible that a number of DS selling games have missing numbers.

Even in the US the PSP is half a game behind the DS.

FishyJoe said:
Munkeh111 said:
PSP software tracking in Europe is not as complete as in other places, we are missing EU data for like half the PSP library, i don't know whether ioi is working on a solution though

Other systems also have missing data for much of the library. It is not unique to the PSP.

That is true. All systems are missing sales, most notably the PS2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

FishyJoe said:

FishyJoe said:
You're taking one statistic out of many available which is not proof. Attach ratio is one of many measurements that we can analyze.

Read my sig.

If Nintendo reported 57 million sellers that would be 57 million sellers sold to retailers, not sold to consumers which, as you know, is what vgchartz tracks. You should take your own advice and read your signature.