By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii refuses to read discs =/ I think it's broken... :(

Just call their 1-800 number and they will tell you what you need to do. Their support is A1 so call and get things in motion.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Most of the time, Nintendo doesn't care if you have any warranty left or not, IF the error you're experiencing is a production error (ie Nintendo's fault). This means Nintendo will fix your Wii for free, warranty or no warranty.

If you're to blame for your broken Wii, it will cost money to have it repaired.

Don't worry about VC downloads! You can just redownload them when you get back on channel. So, only saved games may be lost.

But that's pretty unlikely.

Just send it in with a Brawl disc and say it won't read the Brawl disc. They'll fix it. They did mine even though it wouldn't read any disc.

I wish u get this fix soon and that it doesnt happen to my Wii.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network
whatever said:
Just send it in with a Brawl disc and say it won't read the Brawl disc. They'll fix it. They did mine even though it wouldn't read any disc.

This.

That happened to me in January, just call Nintendo up and if it's still under warranty then it should be free repairs. It took 9 days for me to get mine back, no lie. Great service

tiachopvutru said:
Soriku said:
@darconi

Where can I buy a $5 SD card? O_o All the ones I see are like $40 lol. And free? Really? And I send it in with the box I bought it with right?

@dtewi

lol...I think I know how to insert the disc :P

Well, not really $5 but here

For the record, I don't think SD card of the size of 4GB works... I think 2GB is the max size that the Wii supports...

Yea, I highly recommend buying an SD card online instead of the retail stores. I guess you can argue on the quality (look at review scores just incase), but I've bought a 1gb SD card and a 2gb micro SD card for my phone for around $6 each. If anything, it'd be a little easier if you could find them with free shipping or try to lump them in with other purchases because paying something like $5-6 to ship a $5-6 product to you seems a little weird, though it's still cheaper than going to a place like BestBuy. 

If you have a credit card, they will express you another wii along with a return shipping crate. You can borrow/buy an SD card and translate your stuff yourself to make SURE you got it ok. As long as you return the broken wii within 30 days, they will not charge your credit card. It couldn't possibly be any easier. Nintendo's customer service as it pertains to repairs is AAA+

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Back up *everything* you can on a SD card (if you can), before you send it in. I lost all my Miis, savegames (the worst :

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099