By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii refuses to read discs =/ I think it's broken... :(

Flow said:

lolpwned

I'm sorry to hear that, hope they repair and free.

And i'm sorry but i don't think you will find any 5$ SD cards :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134444

Kingston 1GB Secure Digital (SD) Flash Card Model SD/1GBKR - Retail

Your Price:$4.99

People have no idea how cheaply SD cards and memory in general has dropped lately.  Now there's also shipping costs...but I didn't say anything about free shipping. 

Around the Network
shams said:
Back up *everything* you can on a SD card (if you can), before you send it in. I lost all my Miis, savegames (the worst :<) and VC (not important) when mine died a year ago.

Not sure if there is an easy way to save Miis - even if you send them somewhere, then get them back - they no longer register "you" as the owner, so you can't do various things with them.

And you Wii code will change - so any online contacts will be invalidated, and need to be refreshed.

Its really not a fun thing - wish they could just put a new drive in, but they won't do that.

You can save your Miis onto your wiimote controller actually.  Its a nifty way to bring your mii's to another person's wii without a connection.  It'll still recognize you're the owner as long as the wii you get back is the same one as the one you sent out.

whatever said:
Just send it in with a Brawl disc and say it won't read the Brawl disc. They'll fix it. They did mine even though it wouldn't read any disc.

Bro you are brilliant!!

I've thought my wii was broken but the discs just had dirt on them from my roomies grubby fingers. Hold the disc to the light, see if it is dirty, then clean it with a wet paper towel. If it still doesn't work...its broken

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Didn't those white lines start when someone (your dad?) cleaned your RGB cable with a cleaning product?

Around the Network

Just freaken call Nintendo, why would you ask about Nintendo's repair policies on a forum?? Call them direct - it is a very simple thing to do and you'll get answers 100x faster than asking people who really don't know for sure over the internet.

Call them.

1-800-255-3700

konnichiwa said:
whatever said:
Just send it in with a Brawl disc and say it won't read the Brawl disc. They'll fix it. They did mine even though it wouldn't read any disc.

Bro you are brilliant!!

Not really. One problem with this. Soriku doesn't have ssbb. 

My Wii is sort of broke too, sometimes it reads disks fine, but then sometimes it just doesn't want to.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I got to help you soriku,here are some steps on how to solve your problems:

Step 1:Freak out
step 2:Do not call nintendo.
Step 3:Hit your wii with a hammer,this is really useful.
Step 4: Burn your wii.
Step 5:Throw your wii to a pool a one that is not to deep so the wii can easily get hit.
Step 6:If the previous steps don't work blame wii fit.

i was playing brawl a little while ago...and suddenly the music stop playing..and an error message appeared on the screen.. i thought " well maybe is just like any other time when the lens would not read it, just turn it off and on and it`ll be ok". I did that and what i got was the same message, and then the wii would not even make a noise...put another disc to see if it was just that game and none would work, now i`m sad because my wii just broke.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688