By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 18 (2008) gta 4 VS gta 4

For me, i feeled Netherlands could do it, because the last week euro 2008 on 360 has beaten euro 2008 on ps3. In United Kingdom, i think it will happen too (due to first day numbers). For the others countries, it's clear that in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, the ps3 version will win. For Australia, Sweden and New zealand, it could be close, and in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, and Finland, because there is not an individual format top, we will don't know.

Around the Network

Interesting.

360 -1
PS3 -0

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Congratulations 360, one point to them, this is the start of the battle(GTA vs GTA).

Round one 360, it's not a big surprise as 360 games often chart higher than PS3 versions in Netherlands chart. Strongest markets in Europe for 360 are UK, Ireland, Netherlands, and Scandinavia. It has a chance to sell more in some of these countries, but as Lombardo pointed out, we only get all formats chart for most of these, so won't know. We do get Swedish individual format chart, so 360 has a chance to be #1 there too.

Australia & New Zealand will be interesting, 360 has a larger installed base in those countries, so should be expected #1. Might even take top spot from PS3 in Sony dominated NZ chart. The 360 lead isn't as great as in UK, though, so if attachment rates are similar to UK PS3 might top the charts in the Anitpodes. I think it will be closer than anywhere else here.

United Kingdom: monday

It's a bank holiday Monday, Chart-Track will post charts on Tuesday.

Finland

Weeks 17 - 18 / 2008

01 NE Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2) PS3 Xbox360
02 NE Wii Fit (Nintendo) Wii
03 01 Mario Kart (Nintendo) Wii
04 04 Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock (Activision) PC PS2 PS3 Wii Xbox360
05 02 NHL 08 (Electronic Arts) PC PS2 PS3 Xbox360
06 RE Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision) DS PC PS3 Xbox360
07 07 Counter-Strike: Source (Electronic Arts) PC
08 RE Singstar Legendat (Sony)
09 08 The Sims 2:Vapaa-aika (Electronic Arts) PC
10 03 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Sony) PS3

Around the Network

Ok so what....

No surprise, GTAIV 360 is #1 in the UK with the PS3 version at #2.

Surprising however is Wii Play moving to #4 which suggests large Wii hardware numbers.

Sadly, Babyz fell slightly :(

@FishyJoe
You can post the chart?

MANUELF said:
@FishyJoe
You can post the chart?

Done!

lombard2578 said:
For me, i feeled Netherlands could do it, because the last week euro 2008 on 360 has beaten euro 2008 on ps3. In United Kingdom, i think it will happen too (due to first day numbers). For the others countries, it's clear that in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, the ps3 version will win. For Australia, Sweden and New zealand, it could be close, and in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, and Finland, because there is not an individual format top, we will don't know.

Preorders for PS3 version were 30k and X360 version 20k. So PS3 version sold more in Finland.

http://www.tietokone.fi/uutta/uutinen.asp?news_id=33669&tyyppi=1