By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock* Houser _F**k casual gaming.

"Yeah, fuck all this stuff about casual gaming. I think people still want games that are groundbreaking...We're hopefully going to prove that there's also a very big audience for people who want entertainment in another form, who think of games as being a narrative device that can challenge movies."

http://kotaku.com/386573/rockstars-houser-+-fuck-casual-gaming

Sam houser is Rockstar VP and GTA IV co-writer

Around the Network

Good for them

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

The industry needs more people like this guy.

so wen cant casual games be groundbreaking?

Wii sports or wii fit for a example

BTW whats so groundbreaking about GTA almost the same but with improved graphics

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

This after Rockstar released their table tennis game. And I thought GTA IV was casual?

Around the Network

thats a bit unprofessional to just say fuck casual gaming isnt it?

It all depends on how you define casual.

Do you think casual means shitty games that you don't like? Then GTA is probably not casual.

Do you think casual means games that casual gamers (= people who play less often and own only a few games) like? GTA is the most casual game on the planet.

The latter is according to the hardcore gamer/casual gamer/non-gamer categorization that I prefer, but a lot of people reject it because the former makes their penis feel bigger. =/

@Baddgame he means it in the context that game companies are increasingly having to make mainstream crap just to stay afloat, games are becoming less original, and less contraversial. By saying f**k casual games, he means that rockstar aren't going to give into monetary pressures and begin making minigame compilations

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

I agree one-million percent with what that man just said, and am overjoyed that Rockstar intends to bring us such groundbreaking new stuff as Grand Theft Auto V while rejecting such tired casual crap as Wii Fit.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know when Rockstar will be bringing us Table Tennis 2?

Is Rock* planning on releasing a groundbreaking game or was he referring to that Rock* table tennis?