By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Time to kill my roommate

So, I picked up GTA at midnight on Tuesday. I played it for about 2 hours that night. I wake up Wednesday morning and throw it in. I have two of my controllers plugged into the console to charge, and my roomate walks by, tangles his foot in the cords, and pulls the console off the TV stand to the floor. It's only a 3-4 inch drop from the bottom shelf it's on, but it gets jerked pretty hard and hits the ground pretty flush.

Now, I am getting unreadable disc errors. Not just on GTA, but everything. I'm guessing the fall must have dislodged the lens somehow, so it's more than a bit irritating. I have a repair ticket set up, but since it isn't a RROD problem, it won't be covered by the warranty any more. It is a bit ironic that it took something like this to knock out a console I got on launch day.

Honestly though, I'm not that pissed about missing GTA. I got Mario Kart Wii that day, and The World Ends With You, so I have other things to occupy my gaming time. (And both are a lot of fun, particularly TWEWY.) I just figure once the console gets fixed, I'll have something interesting to play right away when I get it back. Or if I want to be really impatient I could probably borrow my nephew's 360 for a week or so. 

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

Wow..this learned me to not have roommates =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

That sucks a lot i would prolly kill my roomie.

As for not being able to play GTAIV i feel ur pain my 360 RROD on me like 5 days ago

You will have to write a review of TWEWY because i am on the fence about getting but it looks like a great game. 

Kill him. That is what I did with my roomates.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Ouch... well at least now it won't be a difficult decision for which game to play first :P

Around the Network

Dude, that sucks.

A friend of mine as a much more ridiculous story. One he gets woken up by the fire department because his entire dorm room was flooded a foot high. His roommate passed out in the shower and his ass was over the drain, which is what had flooded the dorm. The flooding destroyed my friends school books, computer, guitar and xbox.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Just make sure you go over your method before you FINISH HIM! You can't leave any evidence. And we won't tell. It is pretty sucky that with the RROD hanging over all 360 owner's heads, some freak thing like that happens. I feel your pain.

Blaze said:

You will have to write a review of TWEWY because i am on the fence about getting but it looks like a great game.

If you have a DS and enjoy fresh experiences, (which the DS was designed to promote) particularly in RPG games, it's definitely worth giving it a shot. The combat is addictive and the story is completely bizarre, but very good. Definitely not typical SquareEnix cut/paste fantasy "OMG, guess who happens to be the hero of destiny!" stuff though, which is a huge plus in my book. Pretty much everything tries to bring something new to the table, and for the most part, it pulls it off well. Once I get further into it than the half dozen hours or so I've sunk already I may do more of a full review, but to DS-owning RPG fans, I woudl say it's a definite worthy purchase.

MK Wii is pretty sweet too, but I've honestly been kind of hooked into TWEWY for the last couple days, so I'm sure I'll get more of my fill of Kart time soon enough. 

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

That sucks, though, you could just overheat the 360 and force RROD....

NYANKS said:
Just make sure you go over your method before you FINISH HIM! You can't leave any evidence. And we won't tell. It is pretty sucky that with the RROD hanging over all 360 owner's heads, some freak thing like that happens. I feel your pain.

Yeah, the crappy thing is, I'm pretty sure since it isn't a RROD issue, I'll have to pay the $99 to get it fixed, despite being a launch model console. Not the worst thing in the world, because 99 bucks is better than having to buy a new console, but crappy when a RROD would have gotten it fixed for free.