By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are PS3 and 360 dead in Japan? Lowest Sales ever for Both Consoles...

That's basically what I was going to say. Try telling Nintendo that a market can't change its preferences with the quickness.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
wareagle372 said:
xbox 360 is a piece of shit in japan so it really doesn't dissapoint me, but the wii and ps3 are dissapointments. but xbox 360 is the shit for SOFTWARE

Yeah... let's try to be a little more reasonable next time, and watch the language please.  

No single game is going to make the PS3 turnaround in Japan. I just can't see it.

I see a lot of comparisons to the PSP though. Judging by its poor software sales, the majority of people buying PSPs in Japan aren't buying them for gaming purposes. So yes, the hardware is selling, but it's still a terrible situation when a gaming handheld isn't being bought for its games.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

I don´t think a PS3 slim can turnaround the sales, is a home consoloe not a handheld, and cost a lot more too, only a PS3 with backward compatibility and FFXIII can make some for the PS3.

a turnaround is possible esp because of the crazy Japanese trends

Around the Network

They're both pretty much dead. The 360 99.9999999% and the ps3 90%.

As someone already pointed out, the PSP has never gone below 19k in weekly sales. The PS3 has spent half its weeks (including most of the non-holiday sales since early 2007) under that threshold, with its minimum less than 40% of that value. To conclude that the PS3 will behave just like the PSP in the face of that evidence is a bit disingenuous.

Some of you need to wake up this is where things are right now:

The average weekly performance since the beginning of the year has looked like this:

X360 3,629 3.54%
PS3 23,474 22.90%
Wii 75,388 73.56%

*Keep in mind thes are a bit inflated due to the lingering holiday effect at the beginning of the year.

What about this picture makes anyone think that developers want to invest money into games for the HD market in Japan? Projects that are in production are probably fighting for funding to keep them going as most investors would cut their losses 2 months ago. FF13 is going to be the last best hope but its still so far away that things are likely going to get worse before they get better. What that means for the launch of FF13 is anyone's guess but it can't help.

To Each Man, Responsibility

yeah i agree w/ Manuel

the ps3 isnt a handheld

though i dont think its competely dead

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

The PS3 isnt quite, but it sure is on life support.

Huge drop in sales after the 20 and 60 gb models were discontinued.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.