By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Grand Theft Auto IV - Already surpassed Halo 3 (MGC)

disolitude said:
epsilon72 said:
Yeah, let's see EA try and make that 26 cents a share offer again

I think it was 26 bucks or something...but yeah...screw you EA!!!

no he was meaning the 26 cent slide in offer price from $26 to 25.74 per share.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

For top Xbox 360 games this week, via MGC

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php

As of this second, GTAIV is about 500 cards away from H3, and has surpassed it by now (as the servers update every hour).

How big is this? Call of Duty 4 (which has sold almost 6 million copies worldwide) overtook Halo 3 in about 4 weeks. GTAIV did it in about 24 hours.

Mind you, it will take awhile to get the full numbers from MGC (as they can be a good teller of how sales are going), but judging by the UK Leaderboards, I would say that GTAIV is leaning toward 1m units (or so) in Europe for the X360 first week, or more.

This is a rather misleading stat... Why don't we compare Halo 3's first week when the game was hot and everyone was playing to GTA4's first week(if that was possible). Of course anyone that buys GTA4 game will go online immediatly... and halo 3 is far from being the hottest thing at this point.

Doesn't h3 have upwards of 900,000 players a day. That means that close to a million people have got GTA ( not including people who haven't had the opportunity to play it yet, or PS3 copies)

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

I don't think that all GTA players will instantly go online, I want to go through the story first before I venture online. It has a great story, and good missions (they are steadily becoming better and better)

Mummelmann said:
Jesus christ, this GTA is beyond massive, seems Pachter was right on the money or perhaps even a bit low.

I don't think jesus likes GTA

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

omg!!! GTAIV is the biggest game in history

Munkeh111 said:
I don't think that all GTA players will instantly go online, I want to go through the story first before I venture online. It has a great story, and good missions (they are steadily becoming better and better)

he was low,

And people thought it would only sell 7.5 million on the 360(happysquirrel) lol, as I said it will sell 30 million life time on both platforms.

mM

Like stated on the other thread, its only on the XBOX 360 if you followed the link you would know this.

mM

people are so clueless sometimes....

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

disolitude said:

This is a rather misleading stat... Why don't we compare Halo 3's first week when the game was hot and everyone was playing to GTA4's first week(if that was possible). Of course anyone that buys GTA4 game will go online immediatly... and halo 3 is far from being the hottest thing at this point.

Why not compare games that have 900,000 users/day and 1.3m users/day? MGC currently tracks that sort of information you know.

And FYI, Halo 3 had about 130,000+ cards for H3 first week (or a bit more). GTAIV, as of Tuesday night, is at 60,000 about to eclipse COD4 as the most played game on MGC's list. That's very impressive. Why? No game that's been #1 has sold under 5m copies since Gears debuted @ #1 in November 2006.

Since November 2006, only 3 games have EVER been #1:

Gears of War

Halo 3

Call of Duty 4

3 Games. All 5m+ sellers. And GTAIV is easily beating H3 and GTAIV now. You can not believe me, but I can near-guarentee that when all is said and done, GTAIV will probably sell around 3 million copies this week, worldwide.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.