By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Grand Theft Auto IV - Already surpassed Halo 3 (MGC)

I think If I see another 10 threads of GTA4 i Will buy this game, sounds so good...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

Interesting that GTA IV sales has surpassed Halo 3 in Europe in one week alone just on the XBox 360. In US XBox 360 GTA IV sales will surpass Halo 3 for the first week as well.

Lets NOT forget with all the massive hype, that GTA will be massively front loaded beyond anything that has ever been seen before.

It may well sell 50% of its units lifetime during launch week - assuming software stocks are available.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

epsilon72 said:
Yeah, let's see EA try and make that 26 cents a share offer again
This is kinda funny. Gta 3 and it's add ons sold amazingly and yet after that R* found themselves in trouble. 

wow,gtaiv is awesome

Around the Network

I'm with disolitude on this one, and still wanna ask, aren't those stats misleading? Where's the stats comparison for Halo 3's 1st week with GTA4?

The headline "GTA4 already surpassed Halo3" for the thread is also misleading.

Slimebeast said:
I'm with disolitude on this one, and still wanna ask, aren't those stats misleading? Where's the stats comparison for Halo 3's 1st week with GTA4?

The headline "GTA4 already surpassed Halo3" for the thread is also misleading

It missleaded me to. Normaly you should look here.

On the bottom it says how many people have it on their gamercard. So far 40 000 (US). That is not that impressing at all. After 2-5 weeks you can normaly just take that number, multiply it with 5-7 and have the retail sails. But since it is the first day, that won't work, look there on sunday, I would say take the factor 7-10, and you will most likley have a clue at first weeks numbers.

It makes me so sad to see games like this be the masses' ideal of must have gaming. Can't wait for Madden 09 to come out.

Onimusha12 said:
It makes me so sad to see games like this be the masses' ideal of must have gaming. Can't wait for Madden 09 to come out.

i agree 100%!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Just_Ben said:
Slimebeast said:

The headline "GTA4 already surpassed Halo3" for the thread is also misleading

It missleaded me to. Normaly you should look here.

On the bottom it says how many people have it on their gamercard. So far 40 000 (US). That is not that impressing at all. After 2-5 weeks you can normaly just take that number, multiply it with 5-7 and have the retail sails. But since it is the first day, that won't work, look there on sunday, I would say take the factor 7-10, and you will most likley have a clue at first weeks numbers.

Notice I said in the title that it was according to MGC? That should of been your first hint. I've posted these sort of threads with the same titles before when H3, and COD4 came out.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.