By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Penny Arcade opinions on Mario Kart Wii and Grand Theft Auto IV

I've always felt like the missions in GTA were a lot more tedious than fun. By the end of Vice City I was only playing to beat it, and I quit San Andreas halfway through the last city. The open world is always good, but even that felt old after three games. I'm hoping either the detail of GTA4 or the fact I haven't played any GTAs in awhile will make it feel fresh again once I finally get it.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Audiomatic said:
who ever wrote that is an idiot. Enjoy ur kart game btw

This is rather ironic. Tycho's opinion is articulate, well-defended, and concise; whereas your post is blunt, devoid of grammar, and completely unsupported with any evidence or explanation. If your opinion matters to you so little that you won't even bother explaining it, please don't waste everyone's time by posting in this thread. You are certainly showing that Grand Theft Auto is for mature audiences though.

Look, first of all, like i said enjoy ur kart game. Ur thread has no point at all.

What u investigate? whats the discussion? If we agree with him? That GT and GTA are boring and MK is great? Is that the discussion? To feel a little better?

Well mister here is my opinion: MK is totally childish. happy? Ur reaction proves it anyway

And something else, ur thread is not private so i cant post here. Not eveybody will agreed with u, get over it.

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Apparently people are offended by the idea that someone may enjoy Mario Kart over GTA.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Do the "y" and "o" really take that much longer to type?

Audiomatic said:
naznatips said:
Audiomatic said:
who ever wrote that is an idiot. Enjoy ur kart game btw

This is rather ironic. Tycho's opinion is articulate, well-defended, and concise; whereas your post is blunt, devoid of grammar, and completely unsupported with any evidence or explanation. If your opinion matters to you so little that you won't even bother explaining it, please don't waste everyone's time by posting in this thread. You are certainly showing that Grand Theft Auto is for mature audiences though.

Look, first of all, like i said enjoy ur kart game. Ur thread has no point at all.

What u investigate? whats the discussion? If we agree with him? That GT and GTA are boring and MK is great? Is that the discussion? To feel a little better?

Well mister here is my opinion: MK is totally childish. happy? Ur reaction proves it anyway

And something else, ur thread is not private so i cant post here. Not eveybody will agreed with u, get over it.

I'm sorry, but your posts are near unreadable, and I have trouble understanding what you are trying to post.  I pointed out that you didn't justify your opinions, while Tycho did.  You still didn't justify them. 

The point of the thread was for others to discuss Penny Arcade's opinions on the franchises in a reasonable manner, but since you seem incapable of that, I suppose this thread is of no use to you.  So please just go post somewhere else.  

Around the Network

I really do like GTA games, but I absolutely loooove Mario Kart games.

There is one comparison that matters to me:

I can have Mario Kart parties. I can't have GTA parties.

I totally agree with Tycho.

nintendo fanboys - OMG.... i completely agree with pennyarcade

ps3/360 fanboys- I'll take GTA4 over mario kart any day....

@Audiomatic:

Sir, please go look up some time trials of Mario Kart and come back to tell me it's ''childish''.
And maybe, just maybe, your GTA isn't as much fun for some people as it is ''for u'', just because they might like things with gameplay that doesn't need major hyping to be great.
Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to plat GTA and to try to love it, but something in me says I'm going to have the same conclusion as Penny Arcade.
And by the way: you love technology when it's moving forward? Then you shouldn't buy GTA and PS3, but a car, or a robot horse or something. That's technology moving forward. Heck, even the Wii moves forward if you swing the damn controller.

On topic: why doesn't Penny Arcade give grades? A nice 7 to compensate would be good for the game's conciousness.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I really do like GTA games, but I absolutely loooove Mario Kart games.

There is one comparison that matters to me:

I can have Mario Kart parties. I can't have GTA parties.

I totally agree with Tycho.

There's so much wrong with this it doesn't even warrant a real response.

Suffice to say, I agree with the OP. 

Watch out Naz, Audiomatic has been playing video games since 1983!

Are you saying Penny Arcade are Nintendo fanboys or something? Or are you just insulting everybody in this thread for the lulz? Either way, um... thanks?

Edit: this was for Ari_Gold.