By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! GTAIV 360: 720p, PS3: 620p ?!?

lol this would be awesome. Of course none of the reviewers could see a difference so if true it is completely irrelevant. But thats not important is it

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Onyx:
Actually I have neither of the consoles. The only reason I posted is that I found it, did some searching and found it newsworthy after the 20+ threads about the pressumed PS3 superiority in the graphics. I also added "If it's true" in the first sentence for a reason.
While I'm going to kindly disagree with you that this is newsworthy, I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was taking a shot at the big hoopla that every small difference in GTAIV sends people proclaiming dominance like one vesion is significantly better than the other. Give this topic some time to materialize and you'll see.  The sharks are out on the prowl and this topic is bleeding.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I saw someone make a passing reference to this in another thread. I can see this causing some major arguments IF it turns out to be true! At this stage though, it's based on the findings of one person it seems;

LINK -http://game-on-game.com/gta-4-goes-1120x630-on-ps3/

ARTICLE -

According to Quaz51, the internet tech warrior that brought word of MGO’s resolution-based shortcomings over the weekend, has posted here (post number 513) claiming that the PS3 version of GTA IV runs at 630p (1120×630) compared to the 360 version’s 720p (1280×720).

This appears to mean that the 360 version has a whopping 24.5 percent extra resolution over the PS3 game.

Quaz51 still reckons the PS3 version looks better, however, due to superior processing effects.

We’re reliably informed that the tech community has been kept guessing on the issue by the fact that Rockstar appears to have only ever released Xbox 360 screens of the game.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

those people have taken it to far i guess, they need to relax and have few beers...maybe some pizza too or some girls might do the trick..

lol to them

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

I swear to god, tomorrow we will be quoting Walmart employees..

wait, we've already done that. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Press_the_Button said:
I saw someone make a passing reference to this in another thread. I can see this causing some major arguments IF it turns out to be true! At this stage though, it's based on the findings of one person it seems;

LINK -http://game-on-game.com/gta-4-goes-1120x630-on-ps3/

ARTICLE -

According to Quaz51, the internet tech warrior that brought word of MGO’s resolution-based shortcomings over the weekend, has posted here (post number 513) claiming that the PS3 version of GTA IV runs at 630p (1120×630) compared to the 360 version’s 720p (1280×720).

This appears to mean that the 360 version has a whopping 24.5 percent extra resolution over the PS3 game.

Quaz51 still reckons the PS3 version looks better, however, due to superior processing effects.

We’re reliably informed that the tech community has been kept guessing on the issue by the fact that Rockstar appears to have only ever released Xbox 360 screens of the game.

That is the key my friend. It looks better even with less resolution due to the superior AA and HDR lighting. Thats what reviewers have been saying for a while, PS3 looks better, runs better. Houser said it, IGN, EGM, 1up and GameRader said it, now Quaz51 tells us the same thing.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Ah.. thats too funny if true!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Very interesting indeed, the 360 has a higher resolution but the PS3 looks better, less pop-in and you can see alot further. The drop in resolution seems to have helped the PS3 alot. I would rather have less pop-in, better draw distance and less frame drops then a slighty higher resolution.

Sorry I'm late with this, but my lolcat builder took forever.

Well as far as I know were still basing the data off screenshots right? We'll see in a day or two :P Definitely funny though ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.