By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! GTAIV 360: 720p, PS3: 620p ?!?

rocketpig said:
Griffin said:
gebx said:
Ah.. thats too funny if true!

You know whats really funny Gebx, this is a gif of the 360 version. I hope you enjoy your higher native Resolution.

No, what's truly funny is your reliance on a 160x90 animated gif that runs at God only knows what framerate as proof of anything.

I don't really care what framerate the gif runs at, but i can clearly tell major pop-ins and textures not loading.  It also looks like another person has posted a Gif showing off the greatness that is GTA4.  But i'll post it again incase you don't see it.

Around the Network

360 version owners on neogaf have been posting gifs of the pop in for a while now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Sorry but when I see a full video of the game acting like that, I'll pay more heed to the images. Besides, it's not as if it requires a rocket scientist to record video from component on a 360. There are far too many things that can be done to tamper with an animated gif. Shit, they don't even display more than 256 colors.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ckmlb said:
360 version owners on neogaf have been posting gifs of the pop in for a while now.
What do you mean "for a while now"? If it predates today, than they would have to be from a pirated copy. In that situation, could the problems not exist in an actual release copy?

Another meaningless argument, lol 360 has what??? 100000 more pixels??? oh well like my other post, there is gap, but is not a big one... shame on MS for the HDD...

Btw, if the thing were opposite, PS3 720 vs 360 630p, we will saw a lot of PS3 users claming domination... lol...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Sorry but when I see a full video of the game acting like that, I'll pay more heed to the images. Besides, it's not as if it requires a rocket scientist to record video from component on a 360. There are far too many things that can be done to tamper with an animated gif. Shit, they don't even display more than 256 colors.

Its not as if this should surprise anyone, all of the GTA games on the PS2 had stuff like this, they also had framerates that would drop to single digits whenever you tried to blow up a lot of stuff.  The GTA games are always filled with bugs.  By the end of tomorrow we should have alot more video's of this stuff on both versions of the game.

I play GTA IV right now on my xbox.

There are some pop-ins, but there are no pop-ins like the first one posted here.

I`ve seen this pop-in yesterday and I found the exact same place so I watched whether I see this pop-in.... and it wasn`t there.

I think this GTA version is the torrent with a crappy dvd...

Griffin said:
rocketpig said:
Griffin said:
gebx said:
Ah.. thats too funny if true!

You know whats really funny Gebx, this is a gif of the 360 version. I hope you enjoy your higher native Resolution.

No, what's truly funny is your reliance on a 160x90 animated gif that runs at God only knows what framerate as proof of anything.

I don't really care what framerate the gif runs at, but i can clearly tell major pop-ins and textures not loading. It also looks like another person has posted a Gif showing off the greatness that is GTA4. But i'll post it again incase you don't see it.

You do realize that cutting framerate increases pop-in, right? If the tree was appearing 5-6 frames earlier than that gif and they were cut out by the user (say he is running that .gif at 6 fps), the pop-in is exaggerated greatly.

Like I said, show me a real video of this happening and I'll accept it as truth. Besides, I'll know for sure tomorrow when I pick up my copy for the 360. If it sucks, too bad for MS. I'll just buy the PS3 version. 

Griffin said:
rocketpig said:

Its not as if this should surprise anyone, all of the GTA games on the PS2 had stuff like this, they also had framerates that would drop to single digits whenever you tried to blow up a lot of stuff. The GTA games are always filled with bugs. By the end of tomorrow we should have alot more video's of this stuff on both versions of the game.

True, GTA games are notoriously buggy. We'll all know how this game plays in less than 24 hours.

Well, RocketPig, since your DLP light burned out, why take the risk in buying tomorrow when you can't play it until Monday? Why not wait until people have gotten their hands on it and posted the actual truth before buying?