By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! GTAIV 360: 720p, PS3: 620p ?!?

OK, this is news if it's true.

I found this news on gamed.nl and it linked to a forum on beyond3d.com.

The topic is full with technical terms I don't fully get but it sounds very reliable.
Here it is: (from http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46242&page=23)

Poster1
So is it correct?

Ps3= 630P@2xAA(FP16?)
360=720P@2xAA(FP10)

Poster2
The facts come from research by our own Quaz51, so you're not going to find lnks anywhere. Quaz51 is the source that everyone else references! By looking at the framegrabs and analysing patterns of intensity around polygon edges, when you know what to look for it's possible to determine AA and upscaling amounts. If you really want to know the science of it, it'll be in one or other of these threads. In fact do a member search for Quaz51 and find his earliest posts, I think. And whether you care to know how it's done or not, the science and methods are accepted here as legitimate. It would be nice to have corroborating investigators, but even without that you can place your faith in the research and its findings.

Poster3
As far as I can remember, facts don't come in links. If you don't like Quaz's pixel-counting skills, please start doing the work yourself. Having said that, if you had followed the discussion you would know that resolution is only one of the factors that come into play here.

Around the Network

ROFL. I ain't touching this thread with a ten foot pole. If true, this is friggin' hilarious. If it's not true, we'll get to hear 360 idiots misquote this for the next six months.

Either way, it should be hilarious at first and utterly annoying by the end of the week.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Oh no! Another miniscule difference between the 360 and PS3 GTAIV's! Quick everybody, cancel your PS3 pre-orders and get the 360 version so you can experience the 720p superior experience!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyx:
Actually I have neither of the consoles. The only reason I posted is that I found it, did some searching and found it newsworthy after the 20+ threads about the pressumed PS3 superiority in the graphics. I also added "If it's true" in the first sentence for a reason.

Let's wait for confirmation tommorow, and then see the internet explode with people who care too much about the console war to actually be playing GTA IV instead of going on about how it has a slightly higher resolution that the PS3 version (though I would prefer less pop-in to a higher resolution) and then go on about the Halo 3 stuff again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Let's wait for confirmation tommorow, and then see the internet explode with people who care too much about the console war to actually be playing GTA IV instead of going on about how it has a slightly higher resolution that the PS3 version (though I would prefer less pop-in to a higher resolution) and then go on about the Halo 3 stuff again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Blasphemy! It's all about teh pix3lz!

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Fake or not this thread is going to be so full of flaming win from both sides.....

Resistance is futile PS3 dominationzzz!!

Duck and cover people!

NO THATZ DUMB, TEH C3LL ON THE PS3 IS CAPABLE OF RENDERING SIMPLE GTA IN 1900 X1200 EVEN BETTER THAN 1080P ITZ NOT 680 OR WUTEVER THE DUMB ARICTICLE SAIDZ.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.