By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will europe help mkwii outsell SSBB?

as it seems MKwii will have huge legs in europe,and we dont know how SSBB will sell there but we know it will be less then mkwii,so im asking do you think mkwii's advantage in europe help it outsell SSBB WW?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Less than MK WII are you so sure about that?

well, JustBen wont be getting brawl, but has kart. so yes.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

konnichiwa said:

you think SSBB will out sell MK wii in europe?

didnt MK:DD outsell melee in europe?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

konnichiwa said:

Super Smash Bros series of games is not big for Nintendo franchises in Europe. I know a couple Wii owners who haven't even heard of it but nearly everyone has head of Mario Kart.

Mario Kart Wii is a bigger seller in Europe then Brawl.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

That is correct for past generations, but you have to remember the gamecube wasnt that popular either, what is there to stop new nintendo people to get the mascot game from the company? as we know it, its a toss up and any of the two can win... thing is, SSBB was hyped a lot more than kart... that would be helpful

Remember SSBB have a Sonic character playable and Europe love Sonic, this help it in sales.

SSBB is the better game I think many would agree...but I'm sure Mario Kart's casual appeal will give it the edge.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

MANUELF said:
Remember SSBB have a Sonic character playable and Europe love Sonic, this help it in sales.

This man has a point. Image how well MK would do with Sonic as a guest character!

I think we will have to see how MK does in Japan, if it as legs, and can get within 400k of brawl, MK has a chance WW.

If brawl goes on to sell 2.2 million in Japan(possible) and MK sell around 1.2(douptful) then Brawl should win for sure.

I expect it to be 2 - 2.2 millon in Japan for Brawl, 1.5-1.7 for MK.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

brute said:
konnichiwa said:

you think SSBB will out sell MK wii in europe?

didnt MK:DD outsell melee in europe?

With that logic, the PS3 is sure to pass the Wii.  Didnt the PS2 pass the Gamecube?  You have absolutely no evidence that MKWii will outsell Brawl in Europe.  It is purely your fantastical speculation.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!