By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Drafting/ slipstreaming in MK:Wii

Faxanadu said:
@chrizum: drive behind another kart. Technically, then you have less wind resisitance and thats how you get the boost.

Ever watched tour de france? Those guys dont drive behind each other to look at their respective behinds.

Would be different if this was the case though:

Around the Network

It's easier than in the GCN by far, but that's not a bad thing, allows a more competative play, plus you use the word 'unskilled' you know you can use the Z button or the map to see who's behind you.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Chrizum said:
Faxanadu said:
@chrizum: drive behind another kart. Technically, then you have less wind resisitance and thats how you get the boost.

Ever watched tour de france? Those guys dont drive behind each other to look at their respective behinds.

Would be different if this was the case though:

somehow, all I can think of is "Peach"...

I need to get some sleep. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I did notice it seemed to happen more easily. But is the difference THAT big? Didn't they make it less powerful to compensate?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

it is actually quite a lot more powerful than it used to be, imo.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

ah cmon rol, we only do it cause we envy your skills.

I first noticed it in the DS game, had never seen it before that.

RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:
ah cmon rol, we only do it cause we envy your skills.

Is that also the reason why Germans talk bad about Austria's football team?

no, just for you.

@DKII: Then you must revisit MK64.

oh, thats what that was. I noticed I could easily get a boost by just racing behind someone else for a short time. Now, I remember that as a feature. It is easy to do.

I find the regular boost feature during drifting kinda difficult though. Not so much to build up the boost, but to execute it at the right time in the curve. I tend to boost way off center a get thrown off course.

Plus, in the bikes I tend to get screwed and not come back down quick enough to make a turn.

Since this is my first MK game since SNES, I know this is just because I have only played the game for one day and I will get better with practice. Even with these issues the 9 or so games I played online I was always in the top 3. :)

BTW, when I get home tonight I will put up my friend code for the game so I can play with my VGC homies.

I was pretty confused on how to pull off that boost...mainly because I was always in first in the 50cc cups hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )