By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 2008 elite games = Kill Zone 2, MGS 4 , GTA 4 and Resistance 2

Rock_on_2008 said:
I am a hardcore gamer. Mainly a fan of violent games including shooters both FPS and TPS, GTA games, fighters and hack and slash games.

See, this is where our definition of hardcore does not match.

For me, a hardcore gamer will buy Zack and Wiki, Mr. Gay and what not cause they are great games to play. He will also buy violent games if they are great to play. Hell, he will buy My Horz and me if it is an enjoyable game and play it. Tingles Rupeeland anyone?

A hardcore gamer does like games and plays good games, no matter whether the "image" the game has is kiddie, adults only or anything in between. Look at Rubang for example. Can you be more hardcore than him? I mean hugging a joystick in public?

You are not a hardcore gamer imo. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I am a hardcore gamer. Mainly a fan of violent games including shooters both FPS and TPS, GTA games, fighters and hack and slash games.

See, this is where our definition of hardcore does not match.

For me, a hardcore gamer will buy Zack and Wiki, Mr. Gay and what not cause they are great games to play. He will also buy violent games if they are great to play. Hell, he will buy My Horz and me if it is an enjoyable game and play it. Tingles Rupeeland anyone?

A hardcore gamer does like games and plays good games, no matter whether the "image" the game has is kiddie, adults only or anything in between. Look at Rubang for example. Can you be more hardcore than him? I mean hugging a joystick in public?

You are not a hardcore gamer imo.

I am no hardcore gamer because I do not own a Nintendo Wii or play games that require you to think? Sorry that I only like  action/ violent  games.

Yes Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz is a hardcore game by my definition.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Rock_on_2008 said:
So far GTA 4 on PS3 is sitting on 100%. But feel it will end up over 95% when all the review scores are in.

You and Starcraft... It's hard to tell who the worse fanboy is...

I am going to go with you, as I think SC really knows he is being nothing but argumentative at times. I think you really believe all the words coming out of your mouth.

As for what I quoted above, GTA4 for the PS3 will come in a lot higher then 95%. For it to drop to that, a lot of reviews have to come in in the 80-90 percent range, and that's not going to happen. 

TheRealMafoo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
So far GTA 4 on PS3 is sitting on 100%. But feel it will end up over 95% when all the review scores are in.

I am going to go with you, as I think SC really knows he is being nothing but argumentative at times. I think you really believe all the words coming out of your mouth.

As for what I quoted above, GTA4 for the PS3 will come in a lot higher then 95%. For it to drop to that, a lot of reviews have to come in in the 80-90 percent range, and that's not going to happen.

I said over 95%. lol so something like 97% or 98% is on the cards for GTA 4 for PS3. Expect 360 version to finish between 2 to 3% behind the PS3 version. SSBB was on 100% after four reviews and fell to 95%.

Around the Network

Kill Zone 2, MGS 4 , GTA 4 and Resistance 2

all 4 of them games will be great

im gonna get gta4 2nite, then a few weeks later haze then a few weeks later mgs4:)

what a superb console the ps3 is

YEaahhhhhhhhh

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Do the review scores really matter? It matters if you like it and to the developers it matters if you buy it. They could care less about the scores. Do you think that Sega would trade the sales for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games for better scores? I didn't think so either.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Well I'll predict review scores:

MGS4 - Low 90's
Killzone 2 - High 80's
Resistance - High 80's-Low 90's

And we've already seen lots of GTA4 reviews, so its not really a prediction.

coolestguyever said:
Well I'll predict review scores:

MGS4 - Low 90's
Killzone 2 - High 80's
Resistance - High 80's-Low 90's

And we've already seen lots of GTA4 reviews, so its not really a prediction.

MGS 4 - mid 90's

Resistance 2 - low 90's

Kill Zone 2 - low 90's 

TheRealMafoo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I am going to go with you, as I think SC really knows he is being nothing but argumentative at times. I think you really believe all the words coming out of your mouth.

Would this be an example of you NOT following me around and calling me a fanboy in unprovoked circumstances?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS