By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 2008 elite games = Kill Zone 2, MGS 4 , GTA 4 and Resistance 2

Gnizmo said:
Why the hell is Killzone 2 in that list? Look up what the developer has done in the past. Look at the last 2 Killzone games! How on earth does it get mentioned in the same breath as MGS4.

First killzone is solid. 73% on Gamerankings, not great, but not bad.

Killzone on PSP was GREAT, still the best in its genre and got 79% on gamerankings, 

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but if you are saying there is some trend, then we expect Killzone 2 to be around 85%+ range, making it one of the better shooters. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Don't forget Tekken 6! It seems I'm the only person looking forward to that game.

and also Soul Calibur 4.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

First killzone is solid. 73% on Gamerankings, not great, but not bad.

Killzone on PSP was GREAT, still the best in its genre and got 79% on gamerankings, 

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but if you are saying there is some trend, then we expect Killzone 2 to be around 85%+ range, making it one of the better shooters. 

I figure it will score in the low 80s at best based on past perfomance of the developer. My point is the game will not be close to the same league as GTA4 and MGS4. Resistance 2 may or may not get the critical acclaim to make it fit in amongst those titles. Do you really expect Killzone 2 to be of the same quality as the other titles?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

thats sad for me. sony playstation for me had alwasy been the provider of the best RPGs but now it seems like they are learning more towards violence shooting games, similar to xbox and pc games. :P

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

if MGS4 didn't have a MGO starter pack, then the full version of MGO might be up for GOTY as well. After playing "Sneak" missions, I agree with ckmlb that it's better than CoD4 multiplayer.

I wonder when an online-only game will win game of the year...on consoles...because I know WoW won some reviewers' awards.

coolestguyever said:
Well I'll predict review scores:

MGS4 - Low 90's
Killzone 2 - High 80's
Resistance - High 80's-Low 90's

And we've already seen lots of GTA4 reviews, so its not really a prediction.

That's very reasonable.

Just a guess but I say:

MGS4- 94-98

Killzone 2- 75-95... complete wild card

Resistance 2- 93-96 Based on what I know and the progress of the Insomnia engine, it will improve upon the first game a lot.

If the rumours of a Killzone 2 delay to 2009 are true, they could be trying to save it from a massive development cockup. But I agree that Resistance 2 and MGS4 will be awesome.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

If he isn't already, Rock_on_2008 should definatelly get hired by Sony's marketing division. These threads are getting tiresome.

My guesses.

MGS4 - 92%
GTA4 - 97%
R2 - 87%
KZ2 - 80%