By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony London: Eight Days in full production, The Getaway in pre-production..

From Guardian.co.uk:

Sony also has studios in Liverpool and Cambridge. So, is London top dog these days?

"Recently, we've been more about sharing," Haigh says, diplomatically. "We, for example, have people helping out with products like LittleBigPlanet and Killzone 2, along with people from Cambridge, and the external development team at Liverpool."

[...]

Haigh leads us on a tour of the London Studio, starting on the second floor, where the Eye Toy team resides. Sony hasn't yet confirmed it is making a version of Eye Toy for the PS3 and its new PlayStation Eye camera, but heavy hints are dropped, suggesting that in the "medium-term" just such a game will be released, and we see some interesting technology demos that use a torch and polystyrene ball as a pointing device, and also recognise pictures that you draw – this, the team points out, would let you use Eye Toy to create your own landscapes and environments.

Moving up from floor to floor, we see Eight Days – which is just ramping up to full production. To get an idea of the scale of development required on next-gen consoles, the team, currently numbering 63, will expand to about 80 with a further 40 or so outsourced workers. A small team is working on pre-production for the next iteration of The Getaway, in preparation for being joined by the bulk of the Eight Days team when the latter is completed.

"The idea is to have two pre-production teams and one production team, which flips onto whatever product, at that point of time, is ready to have that team working on it," says Eight Days senior producer Phil James.

And there's more in the actual article. ^^ 

Around the Network

ohhhhh eight day !!!!! it's been a while (a while = 2 years :) )
It had a kick ass trailer, i hope that the real game follow suit

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Since neither game has been in full production up until now, I assume that the production team has spent the last couple of years readying a ps3 engine to work with.

Also, it's interesting to note that part of Sony London has been assisting GG on KZ2. Word has it that almost the entire Sony Cambridge team has been as well. This is a primary advantage GG has now that it once did not. It has the backing of SCEWWS, which gives them far more power to execute their ideas then they had before. Also, Sony making KZ2 a top priority (as shown by the massive budget and media events catering specifically to this one title) shows that this game will not suffer the same fate as the first.

This is good news indeed. I had a feeling Eight Days might never surface and essentially become vaporware.

"which is just ramping up to full production"

I wonder what the devs were working on up until this point.

Awesome.

Can't wait to see Eight Days.

And SCE was working with GG? Awesome, that means it has a much higher chance of being awesome.

Around the Network

Good read, can't wait for Eight Days to come :D

nice indeed

Could someone tell me more about Eight Days? It seems to have some of the users here excited.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Hope they deliver.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

For Eight Days, see the amazing announcement trailer from E3 2005

It only just reaching full production means that it is not coming this year doesn't it?