By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Gamecube games to get?

I didn't own a gamecube console last gen, and having gotten a Wii about a week after SSBB was launch, I'm going to get some gamecube games to play since, they are should also be pretty cheap. I won't get to all of them in one go, but I want a list recommendation for future reference (although I don't know how I'm gonna find this thread later, either; we need a "Find thread from this user" option). If it's okay, I also would like to know where I can get them for cheap as well. :p

Anyway, I got two gamecube games just two days ago on Saturday: Metriod Prime 1 and Battalion Wars.

Please reply if you want to add anything, make comment about, or disprove the games.

Games I'm thinking of getting:

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Eternal Darkness
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia

Games I feel less obligated on getting, on varying degree:

Pikmin 2 (only because it's still pretty pricey although the game is more than 3 years old <_<)
Beyond Good & Evil
Super Monkey Ball
DK Jungle Beat
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snake
Timesplitters 2

Games I probably won't get or will not get:

SSBM (already has SSBB)
Mario Kart: Double Dash (heard it was the worst Mario Kart, but I would get MKWii later anyway)
Metroid Prime 2 (rumor about the Metroid Prime triology package)
Resident Evil 4 (for obvious reason)
Super Mario Sunshine (this will get probable status)

Thank you in advance. :)

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

Your list looks nice. Maybe zthrow in Soul Calibur II as the game still holds up well and its anyones guess when a game like that will arrive on Wii. Also, F-Zero is nice.

Short: Add Fzero and Soul Calibur to list.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Get Wind Waker............NOW. Also, Eternal Darkness and Paper Mario are must-buys. And I wouldn't ignore Melee, you'd be surprised. I find the fighting pretty different between the games.

Hmmm, I recommend Pikmin 2 for sure^^; Your choice of course, but I loved the game. I suppose Fire Emblem too if you like those sort of games^^ Skies of Arcadia: Legends if you didn't play the dreamcast one. I liked Luigi's Mansion myself^^; but I dunno if that interests you :3 and um... I know there's lots more, but I really can't think of anything. Sadly I'm not sure on where to get them for cheap >.< sorry.

Also, you should be able to go to your profile and check "All forum Posts" and go from there^^;

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Ones you listed:

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Eternal Darkness
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Beyond Good & Evil

Not listed but must haves:

REmake (Resident Evil 1 remake)
Fire Emblem: Path of Rdiance
Skies of Arcadia

Around the Network

If you didn't play it on another console, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is awesome. Both of the GC Rogue Squadron games have their merits as well. For multiplayer games, I highly recommend Mario Power Tennis and Beach Spikers.

I also enjoyed the Viewtiful Joe games, Killer 7 and P.N.03, though you might want to approach those with a little more caution depending on your gaming tastes.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine are a must.

Go go resident evil zero! Plus Zelda four swords adventures and Capcom vs Snk 2 EO are quite good.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

u should still get MK DD
it's not bad at all

Good to see Eternal Darkness on the list

Get Pikmin 1 as well if you can find it on the cheap