By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami Questions.

Onimusha12 said:
Guess the PS2 version is the only worthwhile version after all. People boycott this crappy port please.

I completely disagree, the credits missing is hardly reason to boycott and its the only thing about the game I think is worse than the PS2 version based on what I know of each. If they are that important for you then watch them here:

WARNING: This video may contain spoilers (its the end credits of Okami)

If anything the Wii version is definitive, I cannot imagine the pain in the ass it would be to play the PS2 version using analogue for brush controls. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Onimusha12 said:
Guess the PS2 version is the only worthwhile version after all. People boycott this crappy port please.

I completely disagree, the credits missing is hardly reason to boycott and its the only thing about the game I think is worse than the PS2 version based on what I know of each. If they are that important for you then watch them here:

WARNING: This video may contain spoilers (its the end credits of Okami)

If anything the Wii version is definitive, I cannot imagine the pain in the ass it would be to play the PS2 version using analogue for brush controls. 

Have you tried playing the ps2 version? If not, analoge workes way better in my honest opinion. I tried playing with the wii but its far more difficult to master then with anologe sticks. So to me wii controls = pain in the ass.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:

Have you tried playing the ps2 version? If not, analoge workes way better in my honest opinion. I tried playing with the wii but its far more difficult to master then with anologe sticks. So to me wii controls = pain in the ass.

The way you worded that says that if I've played the PS2 version I'm right but if I haven't then you're right =P  But yes I have in fact played the PS2 version of the game, although I freely admit not extensively.

In any case, the issues with the Wii controls have stemmed from people not knowing the controls.  If you use the free-draw brush and the line brush where appropriate the brush techniques are not only trivial to perform but you also get an entirely new level of immersion from using them.  Okami uses the Wii-mote very well, and it does so in ways that simply cannot be reproduced by analogue sticks.  Rocking your thumb about left and right is just not the same.

To put it mildly the brush controls with the Wii-Mote are nothing short of brilliance when things are set up properly (ie your Wii, good batteries, using the techniques in the manual, etc..).  I would say its similar to analogue VS m&kb.

How can anyone who has seen those credits not give a damn they were taken out?

Onimusha12 said:

Cause they've seen them?

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Onimusha12 said:

Cause they've seen them?

What the shit kind of logic is that? Oh I saw the intro to the game in the PS2 version, cut it out. Oh I fought that boss in the PS2 version, I don't miss him being left out.

Clearly you've not seen the credits because if you did, you'd know what I was talking about.

Onimusha12 said:
Sqrl said:
Onimusha12 said:

Cause they've seen them?

What the shit kind of logic is that? Oh I saw the intro to the game in the PS2 version, cut it out. Oh I fought that boss in the PS2 version, I don't miss him being left out.

Clearly you've not seen the credits because if you did, you'd know what I was talking about.

How can you single handedly call the argument shit logic and then propose it yourself to support your argument in the same post?

And yes I have seen the credits, you just didn't understand my point.   You asked why those who've seen the credits don't give a damn and the answer is because they've seen them, only those who have missed them would care that they were taken out....almost by definition.

I'm not disagreeing with you that they should have included them, they definitely should of and they probably could have if they would have given a short phone call to clover and told them to sign off on it or the credits would have to be cut.  

But none of that changes the fact that the new brush controls change the entire gameplay experience and completely outweigh the credits which I can see on YouTube. I can't log on to the internet and get that new gameplay experience.