By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami Questions.

Yeah, it replaces A. ^^^^^

This game's great, and the controsl seem to work just fine for the most part. For example, I can't seem to get the more advanced fire attack (the infinite symbol) to work the first time around. But I presume I can give it a good 2-3 times to execute it for the time it takes to do it once in the PS2 version.
So far, the gameplay and story are sublime.

I'm off to play it again!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Issue's I'm having with the game. Please help if you can.

1. The blurry graphics make my eyes hurt. How can I fix this? Is this the rice paper texture people for some reason loved? If it is then I think it ruins the experience. I would prefer a much cleaner look (ala Twilight Princess) I'm currently playing on a 36" Wega Trinitron XBR HDTV with component hookups. First game on the Wii which I'd say doesn't look very good at all.

2. Why oh why did they decide to map the attack command to the Wii remote (ala TP once again) and not have it working anywhere near as perfect as TP? Can I remap this somehow?

3. Why can't I save the game anywhere I want? I could save TP anywhere I wanted to and I don't see the option in this game.

4. Am I the only one a little pissed about the engrish and the silly storyline at the start of the game? Did someone not read the script before signing off on it?

Yes I realize I'm comparing things to TP a little bit too much in my questions and I know the game is supposed to be great so I'm going to keep playing but as it stands I'm not seeing this as being a better the TP experience as others suggested. (Hence the reason I myself am now comparing it to TP).

Is there any help to be had here?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:

1. The blurry graphics make my eyes hurt. How can I fix this? Is this the rice paper texture people for some reason loved? If it is then I think it ruins the experience. I would prefer a much cleaner look (ala Twilight Princess) I'm currently playing on a 36" Wega Trinitron XBR HDTV with component hookups. First game on the Wii which I'd say doesn't look very good at all.

The blurring was done to counter the aliasing of the PS2 graphics. Its unique to the Wii version in its severity. Anytime you see a cut scene you see what the PS2 version's graphics look like.

2. Why oh why did they decide to map the attack command to the Wii remote (ala TP once again) and not have it working anywhere near as perfect as TP? Can I remap this somehow?

It is hard to learn, but with practice you realize that you don't waggle, you do one shake to attack and it forces you to master timing in doing so to pull off consecutive attacks, it takes a bit to practice, but most likely your frustration is due to waving it back n' worth to attack instead of just using a swift right to left or left to right motion.

3. Why can't I save the game anywhere I want? I could save TP anywhere I wanted to and I don't see the option in this game.

Use save mirrors, there are actually a shit load of them in the game. Its not uncommon for most game to have designated points where you save.

4. Am I the only one a little pissed about the engrish and the silly storyline at the start of the game? Did someone not read the script before signing off on it?

The script isn't that bad, its just your typical old speak way of saying things redundantly and whimsically to make them sound old.

Yes I realize I'm comparing things to TP a little bit too much in my questions and I know the game is supposed to be great so I'm going to keep playing but as it stands I'm not seeing this as being a better the TP experience as others suggested. (Hence the reason I myself am now comparing it to TP).

DarkNight_DS said:

1. you can change the TV type in the options menu, which also (at least on my tv) changes how blury it is.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

So no one knows how to get the end credits?

Around the Network

Is there a certain order the final boss fights have to be fought in to get the credits?

Apparently the credits were completely removed. Capcom's reply is:

The credits were removed because they were a pre-rendered movie that contained the Clover logo. We have no legal right to use the Clover logo in a game they were not involved with directly. We also didn't have the source to the credit movie itself, so we couldn't just use it and remove the Clover logo.

The Clover guys aren't happy about it.

Wait, so attacking is only done through shaking the wiimote, and there's no way to remap? That's prety stupid... -_-

So there are no credits for Okami Wii?

Oups, I phrased that incredibly badly. I edited my previous post to hopefully make things clearer. =P

Guess the PS2 version is the only worthwhile version after all. People boycott this crappy port please.