By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer 360 vs ps3

ToastyJaguar said:
The_God_of_War said:
rasone77 said:
The_God_of_War said:
The biggest game of the decade is better on the PS3 , I think that makes up for it.

Based on my analysis of the other rounds I really don't think that GTA 4 is going to beat the 360 (at least on the eurogamer comparisson) because:

a) They will downplay the framerate issues on the 360, and make no mention of pop-in

b) They will talk up achievments

c) They will claim the DLC (something no one knows a single detail about) is so massive and that causes the 360 to edge out the PS3. but make no mention of Home integration.

Mark my words, I WILL EAT CROW if this isn't the case.

Yeah, and I bet they mention achievements but completely ignore the motion sensing on the PS3 version. And they will probably completely disregard the PS3 advantages simply because of the mandatory install.

What if these are fair comparisons? Everyone knows most early multiplats perform better on the 360 and that the newer games like COD4 and Burnout Paradise are performing better on the PS3. If you read those comparisons and saw the shots then they say the ps3 has the edge. Where is the bias? i'l be going here for all my comparison screenshot needs. I'm very impressed with their techniques.

Ah, you're probably right, I'm just being pessimistic. Right now all signs point to the PS3 version being superior, I just think it would be silly of them to ignore the PS3's advantages simply because of the 5 minute install, so hopefully they don't.

Edit: I just read their comparison of COD 4 and they do indeed mention Achievements but not Sixaxis support. Seems a little unprofessional.

Edit 2: Never mind! I've just found out COD4 doesn't even use the sixaxis. D'oh. 

Around the Network
The_God_of_War said:
ToastyJaguar said:
The_God_of_War said:
rasone77 said:
The_God_of_War said:
The biggest game of the decade is better on the PS3 , I think that makes up for it.

Based on my analysis of the other rounds I really don't think that GTA 4 is going to beat the 360 (at least on the eurogamer comparisson) because:

a) They will downplay the framerate issues on the 360, and make no mention of pop-in

c) They will claim the DLC (something no one knows a single detail about) is so massive and that causes the 360 to edge out the PS3. but make no mention of Home integration.

Yeah, and I bet they mention achievements but completely ignore the motion sensing on the PS3 version. And they will probably completely disregard the PS3 advantages simply because of the mandatory install.

What if these are fair comparisons? Everyone knows most early multiplats perform better on the 360 and that the newer games like COD4 and Burnout Paradise are performing better on the PS3. If you read those comparisons and saw the shots then they say the ps3 has the edge. Where is the bias? i'l be going here for all my comparison screenshot needs. I'm very impressed with their techniques.

Ah, you're probably right, I'm just being pessimistic. Right now all signs point to the PS3 version being superior, I just think it would be silly of them to ignore the PS3's advantages simply because of the 5 minute install, so hopefully they don't.

Yeah i know, i'm trying to say those differences will be picked up if they are there.

They are not biased to every game.  

rasone77 said:
@Toasty I read the CoD and as I stated they ended up giving the edge to the 360 because it has achievments. They also made mention of texture differences so minute on the 360 that they shouldn't have been worth mentioning and even implied so in their article.

I'm still calling 360 bias on this.

I just read the COD4 comparison on that site;

Miniscule differences aside, the point is that the core experience and all the things that make this game great are identical on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with only the lure of Achievements potentially offering further replay value for owners of the Microsoft console if you are that way inclined.

I challenge anyone to say that is biased lol 

leo-j said:
dsoverpsp said:
The_God_of_War said:

what is thaT?

Wii fit ofcourse

On topic:

Textures, colors, and resolution improve with the PS3 set at FULL RGB/SUPER WHITE which they are not using in the comparison, making the 360 version seem the better of the two.

Jesus Christ, do you actually know what super white and full RGB does?

I've explained this before, and in threads that you've been a part of - it will be detrimental to the picture unless you have a set that supports both. Oh, and both those things aren't actually used by games. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

ToastyJaguar said:
The_God_of_War said:
rasone77 said:
The_God_of_War said:

well thier comparisons are good, but theier wording is horrible, read the assassins creed comparison, they make out as if the ps3 version is dire, i had creed on ps3 and have played it on 360, i didnt see any of the differences they mentiond, the only thing was ps3 looks brighter which is corrected by setting the rgb to full, they both look the same and play the same. i like the part when they say on ps3 version every movement makes the frame drop lol wht a lie.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
ToastyJaguar said:
The_God_of_War said:
rasone77 said:
The_God_of_War said:

well thier comparisons are good, but theier wording is horrible, read the assassins creed comparison, they make out as if the ps3 version is dire, i had creed on ps3 and have played it on 360, i didnt see any of the differences they mentiond, the only thing was ps3 looks brighter which is corrected by setting the rgb to full, they both look the same and play the same. i like the part when they say on ps3 version every movement makes the frame drop lol wht a lie.

thats ehat im saying. i have played assassins creed on my ps3 before it was stolen and i never noticed any freamerate issues with EVERY move i made lol, and the quality of the images on my tv screen were way better than the images they are showing. biased towards the 360 comes to mind.

I read the Oblivion comparison and my mind was made up from that section. They are indeed biased.

The_God_of_War said:
Now if only the PS3 had secured the complete experience

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
Now if only the 360 had less pop-in, shorter loading times, less framerate drops, better AA, etc.

BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
Now if only the 360 had less pop-in, shorter loading times, less framerate drops, better AA, etc.

Nicely done, BCNR34.