By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do Girls always seen to play as Female Characters in Games?

kingofwale said:
I think it has more to do with your sister being 13 than anything, My friend always play as male character (or Kirby, which is a guy) in SSBB.

i always think of Kirby as a girl

Around the Network

Like Dsover said , male tend to like male characters because they show characteristics that male men like to have (agression , stength , violence, carlessness etc)

Woman look for other characterisitics ( attractivness , cuteness , charm etc)

this isn't true for all but generaly I think that's the case.

dsoverpsp said:
kingofwale said:
I think it has more to do with your sister being 13 than anything, My friend always play as male character (or Kirby, which is a guy) in SSBB.

i always think of Kirby as a girl

I always thought kirby was not gender specific, as in an "it".

As for the topic: Probably because they either want people to know there are female gamers out there and probably because people like to great representations (although not always accruate) of themselves online.

Million said:
Like Dsover said , male tend to like male characters because they show characteristics that male men like to have (agression , stength , violence, carlessness etc)

ROFL

the sad truth...... 

I'd pick bowser, he's the man.

Around the Network
dsoverpsp said:
cause we like to use characters that represent ourselves more

This Has to be the answer,

My sister loves to play as Peach and Daisy im Mario Parties and Peach and zelda in Brawl and in times she like to pretend she's them, but she's only 6

It's just natural. In WoW I play as a male since that's what I am and thats how I want to be seen. I have a female character but find it pretty creepy to play as, knowing half the people I pass imagine breasts behind this monitor.

Actually brings up an interesting thought. In, say, 80 or 100 years when gaming is of Matrix quality... would you play as your gender? If there were games that has 100% realism in visuals, movement, and touch, would you duke it out as a guy or see what its like to live in a world as a girl? This will be a serious question when the time arises.

Million said:

I try out as many Characters in games as possible, so I can explore the different strengths and weaknesses.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Erm... why play as a guy?

Most of the times I play as a girl..