By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do Girls always seen to play as Female Characters in Games?

Today when I was playing Mario Kart Wii in an online battle, I noticed quite a few of my female competitors were playing as either Peach, Rosalina or Baby Peach. To add to the point, my 13 year old sister always plays as peach in Mario Party games, Pipsy in Diddy Kong Racing and Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii. 

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

The same reason most men play male characters.

it's actually rather queer if you think about it.

I however always choose female characters in MK (preferably baby Daisy

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Well I play as Peach quite a bit on Super Mario Bros 2, as her floating ability is very useful. I have also given her a go in the various Mario Sports games. Oh and I recently played as Cammy is Super Street Fighter 2 (she is not as good as Chun Li though), and I am a Male.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Well lets see. Maybe because they're girls.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Perhaps, maybe, it's because you aren't playing gamers, and so they just feel the need to select someone who they feel represents them.

However, when you play against gamers, they don't give a shit about their avatar, they just select the characters for the stats.

Where are you getting this figure? From what I've seen through years of MMO about half of the girls I've met play males the other half play females and where applicable some even play non-gendered but technically male characters(Galka in FFXI)

I guess it's possible in games such as mario kart and super smash bros females maybe have more varied ages than on games such as FFXI where it seems to sell to the teen-young adult crowd almost exclusively. And that younger girls may still be attracted visually to pink or other females, not in a sexual way! just in a visual way.

cause we like to use characters that represent ourselves more

I think it has more to do with your sister being 13 than anything, My friend always play as male character (or Kirby, which is a guy) in SSBB.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I play with Chin-Li sometimes in street fighter games

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY