By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV Gametrailers review

@barozi

no it will have far less of them

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

OT: would it have got the 10/10 on the PS3 (with less pop-up)?

9.9 or 10. The gameplay would still be 9.8,  but the presentation would have been higher.

So they're going to review both versions seperately?

@darthdevidem01

Well I don't think so, but you will see... 

@barozi

well I think so...you will also see

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Well, it's looking interesting to me. I'm going to rent it that's for sure.

@Mirson,

The reveiwer said that they've only played the 360 version, but they've loved GTAIV. That kind of makes me think that this review is for the game itself rather than trying to figure out which console is better.

Another one of those infamous GameTrailers comparison videos to follow?  

IllegalPaladin said:
lol, I don't have the time code to say exactly where it's at because I'm watching the HD Quicktime version, but there was this cut-scene they played where Niko is talking and then a HUGE object pops in behind him.

It's right before the part of the review where they show a controller where what looks like Halo drop ships are coming out of the TV.

I saw the popups down the street as the Hummer passed, when they panned across from left to right.

9.4 os a good score, but it is lower then I expected for presentation. I guess e have to wait a few more days to see how big the difference really is.

If I had to guess, it's more then they are letting on, and I would do the same thing. If the PS3 version never existed, the 360 game would be so amazing, that the popups would be unwarranted to mention. It would be a shame to tell people it's not as good as the PS3 version, and then the not play it.

TheRealMafoo said:
IllegalPaladin said:
lol, I don't have the time code to say exactly where it's at because I'm watching the HD Quicktime version, but there was this cut-scene they played where Niko is talking and then a HUGE object pops in behind him.

It's right before the part of the review where they show a controller where what looks like Halo drop ships are coming out of the TV.

I saw the popups down the street as the Hummer passed, when they panned across from left to right.

9.4 os a good score, but it is lower then I expected for presentation. I guess e have to wait a few more days to see how big the difference really is.

If I had to guess, it's more then they are letting on, and I would do the same thing. If the PS3 version never existed, the 360 game would be so amazing, that the popups would be unwarranted to mention. It would be a shame to tell people it's not as good as the PS3 version, and then the not play it.

Yeah i agree, Gametrailers does say concessions have to be made for a game so big, but there are not that many.

The 360 version still seems to perform the game extremely well without a need for a pre-installation of the game.  

IllegalPaladin said:

Well, it's looking interesting to me. I'm going to rent it that's for sure.

@Mirson,

The reveiwer said that they've only played the 360 version, but they've loved GTAIV. That kind of makes me think that this review is for the game itself rather than trying to figure out which console is better.

Another one of those infamous GameTrailers comparison videos to follow?  

I guess you're right. Metacritic already submitted the GT score for both versions. Can't wait for the GT comparison video. There are always hilarious flamewars when it shows up.

Eurogamer is going to have a comparison of the 2 versions for next week, should be good