By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii HW Predictions For the Weeks End April 26, and May 3. (Massive)

I disagree leo, as do many others.
MKWii far exceeds MK:DD, and IMO MK:DD was better than MK64 too.

Everything on MKWii is better than the previous incarnations with the exception of battle mode which for some stupid reason has to be played in teams.

Perhaps you, like many people should not listen to what a bunch of reviewers say about a game, especially when unlike other media, many games reviewers basically just spout their own biased opinion rather than thinking what audience the game is aiming at and reviewing it with respect to them.

For instance Wii Sports and Endless ocean have some terrible review scores, but are two of my favourite games of all time (both have racked up over 100 hours of play now)

I think I may have already played on Mario Kart more than I did on Double Dash (not yet MK64 though because I played that a lot, even if it was flawed my sister used to play it, but she was less interested in games as she got older so played less MK:DD)

Around the Network
Zucas said:
GTA IV won't overshadow what Wii has coming out. Same people said Halo 3 would do it and wow did they end up wrong.

The only way GTA IV could hurt Wii, is if Wii had nothing going on at the same time. Unfortunately for the rest, Wii has Wii Fit and MK Wii going on during that week. Meaning it won't lose any brand appeal or media attention. Hell might even gain some as the mainstream media and general consent will go for MK Wii and Wii Fit over the very controversial GTA IV.

That's only because Microsoft didn't do halo right. Having a Halo 3 console without the game is pretty dumb.

GTA IV on the other hand, has as many pre-orders on the PS3 and 360 combined in America (per ioi), than Halo 3 had in first week sales, across all territories.  

Also, GTAIV is bundled with the PS3 in Europe, which will help software, and the game is very hotly anticipated.

I could definitely see the PS3 and 360 separately passing the Wii, at least for this week, and another week or two, solely based on GTAIV, as I don't think Nintendo will be able to keep the steady stream of supply to fend off all the poeple buying GTAIV on the PS360, but I guess we'll know in ten days.

And GTAIV being controversial doesn't really mean anything.  I mean, fifteen million people bougth GTA: San Andreas on the PS2 alone, it was as controversial then, as it is now.

You forget about Wii Fit and MKWii, DMeisterJ. Those games are big enough to keep the current trends of Wii>360 and Wii>PS3 WW even considering the launch of GTA4.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I wonder ... whats the age target for GTA IV??? really?

I have alot of friends above the 24+ area and none and I mean no one is intressed about GTA IV they just find blood+killing+murder etc etc just so damn boring.. no point at all

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Well....I'm 23 and I can't wait to play GTA IV, guess I just don't make the cutoff for your anecdotal evidence though.

Around the Network

well im 23 too... im the opposite...im not interested that much on gta IV, until the pc version comes out... im waiting for mario kart wii and wii fit... i ordered them online, im in venezuela, so i have to wait 4 weeks for them...

Edit.some words 

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

awww....that sucks guy, I'm getting MKwii tomorrow, I can't wait. Don't know if I'll ever get Wii Fit, just not sure it's my kinda game.

trestres said:
You forget about Wii Fit and MKWii, DMeisterJ. Those games are big enough to keep the current trends of Wii>360 and Wii>PS3 WW even considering the launch of GTA4.

I know that Wii Fit comes out in others this week, but you act as if GTA: San Andreas didn't have a first week of 2+ million in america alone, and a likely 1.5 million opening in Others countries also.  Also you neglect where ioi has told us that GTAIV pre-orders were 4 million in america, and who knows how many in Others, plus the Others bundle of the PS3 and GTAIV.  

I'd be very surprised if the Wii wasn't beaten by at least one, but probably both the PS3 and 360.  GTA is a huge franchise, as I'm sure no Mario Kart has sold ~15 million units.  Also, you neglect to remember that MK Wii only raised sales of the Wii by 9 percent in Japan, and 12 percent in others.  But since Nintendo's supply is so crazy, you can't really say how much it will go up in america.  Supply has been in the 80k's some weeks, and in the 200ks some weeks.  

But like I said, we'll see in ten days.  But I guess it will mostly depend on supply. 

Naum said:

I have alot of friends above the 24+ area and none and I mean no one is intressed about GTA IV they just find blood+killing+murder etc etc just so damn boring.. no point at all

The target is probably the 15 or so million people who bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

DMeisterJ said:
Naum said:

The target is probably the 15 or so million people who bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

You mean 20 million

mM