By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 18% of HDTV's bought for PS3 Gaming

Check out the link from 1up here.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167581

Interesting find here  good percentage of HDTV's being bought for PS3. PS3 is the true HD Gaming experience. Every PS3 game is in 720P/1080P resolution.

Around the Network

I thought that report said that the 18% was for HD gaming.

I wrote the thread in a way so it is PS3 bias. Just check out the site to see how the impact of HD consoles has greatly increased HDTV sales.

ROFL!!

I see Microsoft got ioi to pull of 360 ads for GTA 4.

mM

not evergame in native 720p/1080i/1080p. a lot of games are in between 480p and 720p and just upscale to those resolutions.

Around the Network

I'm sure a fair few are for the 360 too.

Quote Rock on.Interesting find here good percentage of HDTV's being bought for PS3. PS3 is the true HD Gaming experience. Every PS3 game is in 720P/1080P resolution.

SAME is true for the 360! Isn't the 360 true HD gaming too Rock on???

You are biased...

And, again, 18% did it just for their 360 or PS3 alone. Gamers are nothing if not dedicated to their hobby, it seems.

I am very soon to become part of this statistic.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I wrote the thread in a way so it is PS3 bias. Just check out the site to see how the impact of HD consoles has greatly increased HDTV sales.

You admit to this?  You did it wittingly? 

And I wonder how the questionairre looked?  Because I bought my Plasma for my Wii.  I've seen those questionairres and console gaming is usually listed in a lump category...not on an individual per conole basis.   

ToastyJaguar said:

I'm sure a fair few are for the 360 too.

Quote Rock on.Interesting find here good percentage of HDTV's being bought for PS3. PS3 is the true HD Gaming experience. Every PS3 game is in 720P/1080P resolution.

SAME is true for the 360! Isn't the 360 true HD gaming too Rock on???

You are biased...

And, again, 18% did it just for their 360 or PS3 alone. Gamers are nothing if not dedicated to their hobby, it seems.

360 is an ok HD gaming experience, its limited by being DVD format to maximum storage capacity of 17GB per game disc. PS3 is a better HD gaming experience. PS3 graphics in PS3 exclusives will be amazing. PS3 storage capacity of Blu-Ray is 200GB per game disc

I bought a 1080p TV when I got my PS3, but that was for movies.

Now, can someone either lock this thread, or change the title? It's wrong.

The title should read "18% of HDTV's bought for HD console gaming"