By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Silent Hill 5 screens

That's hideous...

Is there a PS2 or Wii version in the works?

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
Resident Evil has become more of an action game, than a horror game.

There was not a single moment in RE4 where i was scared.

Still, RE5 seems to be one hell of an action game.
I don't think you can judge it on whether you get scared or not, since that's a relative situation. Is a game only survival horror if it scares you, and just an action game to the next person if those same scenes aren't scary to them? Considering survival horror isn't even a real genre, and is just a buzzword created by Capcom for Resident Evil, it's hard to not include it in the fake genre it coined.

Ok, you have a point.

But still, how can you consider a game survival horror when you get buttloads of ammo, herbs, sprays etc?
Compare RE4 to RE0-3 and tell me that they both belong in the same genre.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. 

I don't think horror is completely dependent on how much supplies you have. In Resident Evil 4, I felt that instead of doing anything scary (except for a few areas of course), the entire game had just turned into an action title instead of something that actually tried to scare me. The only parts where my blood would get flowing is when an enemy is rushing me and I'm trying to stop them before I get hit, which is similar to pretty much every other game.

I guess I've gotten over the nightmares of the dogs busting through the window in the first Resident Evil if the forth game was supposed to be scary.

Dallinor said:
That's hideous...

Is there a PS2 or Wii version in the works?

i don't think so

Wii version confirmed? haha.

Around the Network

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that it was originally designed for the PS2 and that they didn't get all of the assets upgraded. I think it looks great... Why is every one screaming bloody murder? So what if the texture resolution sucks!

The BuShA owns all!

naznatips said:
fazz said:
I knew that the result of The Collective's work was gonna look like this. This looks even worse than Silent Hill 2.

For shame Konami, for shame. You killed one of my favorite series ever.

Silent Hill died after Silent Hill 2. The only survival horror games worth watching this gen are Alone in the Dark and Fatal Frame 4.

Well, Condemned, despite its wonky controls, was pretty fuckin' scary and good... But then Condemned 2 went and bolloxed it all up by turning the series all voodoo bullshit on us and explaining the crazy people away with frickin' noisy fire alarms. Ugh.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/