By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Wii sell a record number of units this week?

Wow, a lot of stores are having many wiis in stock, I think we may see Holiday-level sales

Around the Network
bigjon said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't think Mario Kart and Wii Fit are meant to steal attention away from Grand Theft Auto 4.

And no, no record numbers.

Actually Nintendo is trying their best to take attention away from GTA4.

Nintendo has done this before. The best example was when they released Majora's Mask the Same week as Sony released the PS2.

And I think Nintendo will be dropping a buttload of Wiis off. And could easily break non holiday records for Wiis consoles sold sold.

Well then, Nintendo isn't very good at stealing attention away from their rivals.

I think we may finally see demand being reached, and my prediction will come true !!!!

mM

I actually meant for Wii consoles sold in NA for a non holiday week, but wasn't clear about it.

But with the Wii's recent Korea lauch, Wii Fit launch in Others and MK launch in NA, maybe they could reach record Wii sales in a non holiday week WW.

What's the non holiday record of PS2's sold Ww or in NA?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Hmm, I think the record for number of units sold in a week would belong to the DS, and I don't see the Wii ever beating it.

As for the PS2, it would be impossible to really know, since it's not accurately tracked through its entire lifespan.

Around the Network

690,000 in June 2002 was the largest month in the US for PS2 according to NPD (which we know Wii beat last month). PS2 sold 1.15 million worldwide that same month according to VGC. No idea if that's the official record or not.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

MontanaHatchet said:
bigjon said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't think Mario Kart and Wii Fit are meant to steal attention away from Grand Theft Auto 4.

And no, no record numbers.

Actually Nintendo is trying their best to take attention away from GTA4.

Nintendo has done this before. The best example was when they released Majora's Mask the Same week as Sony released the PS2.

And I think Nintendo will be dropping a buttload of Wiis off. And could easily break non holiday records for Wiis consoles sold sold.

Well then, Nintendo isn't very good at stealing attention away from their rivals.

Too soon to tell for the wii...

Record sales for 360 and PS3 that week for GTAIV.... and the wii still outsells their records combined, or at least lessens the difference.

Thanks for answering the question Viper1. (Yes I do live in Jax, actually OP, as well)

Leo-J, if your prediction comes true, I'll sell off all my non Sony games from NES forward and & pledge allegiange only to the Sony.

Don't even bother counting on it..........

BAM! There it is!

MontanaHatchet said:
Hmm, I think the record for number of units sold in a week would belong to the DS, and I don't see the Wii ever beating it.

As for the PS2, it would be impossible to really know, since it's not accurately tracked through its entire lifespan.

That's why I said consoles (or Wii's & PS2's), not handhelds.

BAM! There it is!

I think it might be a record week for the Wii, outside the holidays that is.

EDIT: I mean "personal best for the Wii", not better than PS2 records etc.