By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another preview of the 2008 RPG of the year!

Well if the rumor that Persona 4 is coming out this year ends out true, I'd call that one RPG of the year right now. Loved Persona 3 more than....well alot of things....puppies, rainbows, picking off dried glue from elmer's bottles. Lots of stuff.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:
Will DQ IX release this year in the Western part of the world? Otherwise NOOO.

Fable 2 is only going to run away with this thing because DQ IX won't launch in America this year.

It's only winning by default, which is basically cheating. So Fable 2 cheated to win GOTY. lulz

Your exactly right DMeisterJ..........

Thanks!

Cool with me. Just repeat one more time for me, that for whatever reason, Fable 2, the Xbox 360 exclusive Fable 2, will be the best RPG of the year.............

Fable 2, Lionheads RPG (exclusive to the XBOX 360) will be the RPG of the year for 2008.

Although DQ IX and FFXIII are probably better games.

I really do love you you know?

Like really. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

To be quite honest, I haven't even acknowledged Fable 2 as a potential RPG of the year candidate. Perhaps that is a bit naive of me, but I believe DQIX may still have a fighting chance at it, despite being on handheld. If it's anywhere as great as VIII, I don't think Fable has a chance... Of course, this is coming from someone who loves JRPG's and pretty much hates WRPG's.

pearljammer said:
To be quite honest, I haven't even acknowledged Fable 2 as a potential RPG of the year candidate. Perhaps that is a bit naive of me, but I believe DQIX may still have a fighting chance at it, despite being on handheld. If it's anywhere as great as VIII, I don't think Fable has a chance... Of course, this is coming from someone who loves JRPG's and pretty much hates WRPG's.

Yes, that does slightly diminish your ability to be impartial.

But Persona 3 FES is already out...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Most of the people listing other, supposedly "better" RPG's are almost universally listing Fallout 3 (which is on the 360) and 360-exclusive JRPG's like Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery and Tales.

Solution: Get a 360 and try them all.

Yay, do I win? I listed Fallout 3, LO, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia. Guess what? Im buying all of them and Fable 2!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
starcraft said:
Most of the people listing other, supposedly "better" RPG's are almost universally listing Fallout 3 (which is on the 360) and 360-exclusive JRPG's like Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery and Tales.

Solution: Get a 360 and try them all.

Yay, do I win? I listed Fallout 3, LO, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia. Guess what? Im buying all of them and Fable 2!

Outlawauron=WIN!

starcraft said:
pearljammer said:

Certainly does. However, I do think there is some merit for the case of DQIX for RPGOTY - the followup to the highly acclaimed VIII still has to be a potential contender, despite it being on a handheld.

pearljammer said:
starcraft said:
pearljammer said:

Certainly does. However, I do think there is some merit for the case of DQIX for RPGOTY - the followup to the highly acclaimed VIII still has to be a potential contender, despite it being on a handheld.

I agree.  But I also think that we will NEVER get any consensus as to which game is better because they are so different.  One is on a handheld, the other isn't.  One is a JRPG, the other is a WRPG.

ckmlb said:
But Persona 3 FES is already out...

Lol. No, just no.