By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Another preview of the 2008 RPG of the year!

epinefridis said:
Ι bet my head that nobody of those guys who were "dissapointed" from the original Fable, did actually play the game.
Neither will they play Fable 2. But they still say they are not convinced. Why the hell should you be convinced about a game you don't even care about? (actually you care a lot. You pray that it failed!).
Anyway, you're already convinced that FFXIII or Tales of Whatiscalled, or even Last Remnant will be superior.
You are looking forward to playing ANOTHER BORING JRPG. I'm looking forward to playing Peter's product of Spiritual Superiority and Genius. Nough said

@starcraft. Do you have an anti-MS magnet or what?

I own fable and i've played fable. I was very dissapointed with fable.  this was mainly due to the fact that they failed to deliver the majority of the features/depth that they initialy declared.  the game was fun but was nothing special, and definetly not worthy of praise.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
bbsin said:

@Shio: I fail to see how Fallout3 is any way a "crap game". What Bethesda is trying to do is make this game appeal to as many as people as possible while keeping the RPG element and setting of the Fallout franchise. Based on the impressions and previews so far, they are doing a damn good job. If you guys want drug addiction, sex themes, racism, xenophoby, homosexuality, slavery, prostitution and child-killing, you can go back and play the old fallout games. The new "crap" fallout, will be waiting for you old timers when you inevitably decide to pick it up based on the likely fact that it'll probably turn out great and increase the fanbase. Don't be afraid of change, accept it.

@Rocketpig: Hey, i just don't want to see any excuse and sucking up to Bethesda if Fallout3 turns out to be better than your previous and precious fallout memories.

Again, to put it bluntly, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You haven't even played the original Fallouts. You don't know what the series is supposed to be about. It's not just all apocolypse and futuristic 50s design themes, you know. There was a definitive theme to the Fallout games that made them much more than just another WRPG and Bethesda is taking the core of that and tossing it straight out the window.

And we have a right to be pissed about it. Bethesda shouldn't have purchased the Fallout name if they weren't going to try to make a Fallout game.

I have to say rocket, we have seen lke 2 quick trailers, a few screenshots and hardly any real info on the game. How can you profess to know what the core of Fallout 3 is? 

They admitted that there will be no children, no drug addiction, no homosexuality, no prostitution, no child-killing, etc.

The entire theme of Fallout is adult choices with adult consequences. You're allowed to do absolutely anything in the game but you better be prepared to take a beat-down if you overstep your bounds. Without giving the player adult choices, it's impossible to have the core gameplay of Fallout.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

not one on my list to look forward to. much better rpg`s coming out

i guess we will have to wait till it comes out to say for certain

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:
Will DQ IX release this year in the Western part of the world? Otherwise NOOO.

Fable 2 is only going to run away with this thing

Your exactly right DMeisterJ..........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Most of the people listing other, supposedly "better" RPG's are almost universally listing Fallout 3 (which is on the 360) and 360-exclusive JRPG's like Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery and Tales.

Solution: Get a 360 and try them all.

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:

Fable 2 is only going to run away with this thing because DQ IX won't launch in America this year.

It's only winning by default, which is basically cheating.  So Fable 2 cheated to win GOTY.  lulz

Thanks!

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:

Fable 2 is only going to run away with this thing because DQ IX won't launch in America this year.

It's only winning by default, which is basically cheating. So Fable 2 cheated to win GOTY. lulz

Thanks!

Cool with me.  Just repeat one more time for me, that for whatever reason, Fable 2, the Xbox 360 exclusive Fable 2, will be the best RPG of the year.............

In my opinion, JRPG's aren't nearly as good as WRPG's, so almost every other rpg coming out this year doesn't matter to me. Only fable 2 does

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:

It's only winning by default, which is basically cheating. So Fable 2 cheated to win GOTY. lulz

Thanks!

Cool with me.  Just repeat one more time for me, that for whatever reason, Fable 2, the Xbox 360 exclusive Fable 2, will be the best RPG of the year.............

Fable 2, Lionheads RPG (exclusive to the XBOX 360) will be the RPG of the year for 2008.

Although DQ IX and FFXIII are probably better games.