By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Flop or Not: XBOX 360 Edition!

starcraft said:

Kameo sold alright on a tiny userbase, was a fraction of the quality that BK3 will be and was on sale BEFORE any diversification of the 360's installed base.

Now we have Guitar Hero and Rock Band selling gangbusters, Viva Pinata doing well, and Scene it reaching half a million.  We are talking about the second best platforming series of all time.  Microsoft hasn't even begun to hype the game.  I think it will do great.  Well over a million. 

i understand your point, but i still think this game will be a flop sales wise. it's just my opinion, i'm not saying i will be right, just typing what i think.

Around the Network
benoit said:
just a question to the OP, why is there no GTAIV on your 360 list? when i look at both thread, the reactions seem overwhelmingly positive for PS3 games and somewhat mixed for 360. If you added GTAIV instead of Too Human for example, the results would look different. so i was just wondering how you picked the games.

ps: i don't own a ps3 or an xbox, pretty neutral on this stuff.

Oh, it's just that I wanted to make sure that all the games on the list would be out this year.  I thought about using FFXIII, or God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Infamous, Eight Days, Heavy Rain, Motorstorm: Pacifica, The Getaway, etc.  (Did you see what I did there?  lulz), but I wanted this threads to have closure in the next couple of months.  And because we all know that GTA IV 360 > GTAIV PS3.

Double Post.

i bet all will win

Regarding Sales:

1. Ninja Gaiden 2: Not
2. Fable 2: Not
3. Too Human: Not
4. Banjo Kazooie 3: Unsure
5. Gears Of War 2: Not
6. Fallout 3: Not

Regarding Review Scores:

1. Ninja Gaiden 2: semi hit
2. Fable 2: super hit / miss (similar mould to Assassins Creed reviews)
3. Too Human: semi hit
4. Banjo Kazooie 3: hit
5. Gears Of War 2: hit
6. Fallout 3: hit

Around the Network

I hope fallout 3 flops and bethesda goes bust.

I hope all the rest succeed.

I think Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to surprise people, alot of people don't think it's going to do that well, so i'm going to say that will be a hit.

Banjo Kazooie should be a hit too, Rare seems to be really excited about that one.

The others like Gears 2 and Fable 2 are obvious hits.

The only big question is Too Human and Fallout 3.
Too Human was originally in development for the psone and the developers have fallen out with Epic over the Unreal 3 engine. It does seem to be a mess at the moment.

But i expect Banjo 3 to be massive, it might even sell more that Gears 2 at christmas.

Big hits: Gears of War 2 and Fable 2
Minor hit: Ninja Gaiden 2
Possible flops: Banjoo, Too Human, Fallout 3

Missing big hit GTA IV. Also strange Fallout is on this list and not on the PS3 thread.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I find it odd that people have Fallout 3 as not a hit. Oblivion is still one of the top games on Xbox Live, and it's not even a multiplayer game. It sold nearly 2.5 million, mostly when the userbase was low, and I'm unsure if that includes GOTY edition. Every preview mention of Fallout 3 I have seen so far is very positive. And this type of game almost always does well on Xbox platform.

Fallout 3 is a no-brainer for 2-3 million.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Because everyone wants fallout 3 to fail.