By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Getting DS sooner than I expected!

Rondo Sword

is pretty good.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

P rofessor Layton is a must.

NSMB
MK DS
Mario 64

ZuZayLi said:
Taiko no Tatsujin

OH YES!

GREAT IMPORT, Fun Drumming game if you like EBA 

All the games I've bought so far have been great

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - All around great game with awesome controls

New Super Mario Bros. - Excellent 2D Mario paltformer

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - Puzzle game sort of like lemmings, but not at all. Completely controlled by the stylus.

Lunar Knights - Hack & Slash RPG. You earn experience by killing bad guys and use it to up your strength, health, and solar power. Lots of fun, about 10hr long.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Strategy RPG. Very good, with 100's of maps to play on top of the ~30 in the story mode. Best bet for the money, as it will last a long time.

Big Brian Academy - Fun short game. It is harder than the one for the Wii imo.

Professor Layton - If you like logic puzzles you'll love this. Tons of classic puzzles with tons of new ones. I think there are 135 puzzles + 1 new one every week that you can download.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Welcome to the world of joy

Pokemon D/P
Zelda
MK DS
NSMB
Brain Training

Welcome to the good life.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
The World Ends With You
Hotel Dusk
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Elite Beat Agents

That outta get you started off right.

I, honestly, feel that a few of the lists presented on this page...well, if those were my first few DS games, I would probably not like the system nearly as much. Research for yourself. As expected, I feel my list is best, lol, but to each their own.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Most of the games that already have been recommended but a game I really enjoyed is Mario and Luigi: Partners in time. It's almost a spirtual sequal to Super Mario RPG with turn based fighting with timing in the mixture. Great dialog and humour thru the game.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Probably all been mentioned but I'd recommend

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Sonic Rush
Metroid Prime: Hunters

Final Fantasy III is worth a mention too. I was told not to buy it because I hadn't played any traditional FF games but ended up really enjoying the title. Also Sonic Rush Adventure is a great game, but personally I preferred the original. You could try making a small list of games you're interested in, then go to some popular gaming sites for more information (that usually helps me decide).

Rick1331 said:
Probably all been mentioned but I'd recommend

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Sonic Rush
Metroid Prime: Hunters

Final Fantasy III is worth a mention too. I was told not to buy it because I hadn't played any traditional FF games but ended up really enjoying the title. Also Sonic Rush Adventure is a great game, but personally I preferred the original. You could try making a small list of games you're interested in, then go to some popular gaming sites for more information (that usually helps me decide).
I can't believe you are the only one to mention that. MPH was amazing online.