By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Preditcion: The end of the PS3

xenophon13 said:
Oh and What the crap does I predict my biggest and best prediction? That does not make sense. I predict your biggest and best prediction sucks.

Sorry Xeno,this qoute was for Zenfoldor.

Around the Network

Question.

Does the wii have a dedicated upscaling chip? And if not they should put one in.

FaRmLaNd said:
Question.

Does the wii have a dedicated upscaling chip? And if not they should put one in.

No, and that would be a bad move since 24 million have already been sold without one.   That would also increase costs. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I fail to see how it would be a bad move. The only thing bad about it is increased costs. But it wouldn't affect the actual production of games. Plus the wii is cheap to make, if they added one in a future SKU they'd still be making a profit off each one sold.

FaRmLaNd said:
I fail to see how it would be a bad move. The only thing bad about it is increased costs. But it wouldn't affect the actual production of games. Plus the wii is cheap to make, if they added one in a future SKU they'd still be making a profit off each one sold.

Why would they want to lose money? If it's a success what's the point of putting in a chip if it will only drag down their profit? Sure it might get some people to buy it, but I don't think it would be enough to make the amount of profit they would have without it.

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

Around the Network

A lot of HDTV's have upconverting hardware/software in them anyway.

Would be redundant to add something to every Wii that only apply to a very small portion of the market.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

lame

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

lol?

Such imagination, I thought Nintendo already killed Sony... oh wait that's japan, don't worry FFXIII will change things there, don't forget MGS$ and LBP.

Can't wait till home is released, did you see the new PSN network!? Oh man I loved, RB6V, RB6V2, COD4, Resistance, TimeShift, Turok, Drakes Fortune and Lost Planet.

Plus you can watch high end Blu-Ray movies.

Sony Domination starts 2012

j/k, @OP you should of put some legitimate sources and added Analyst to your name, it would appear all over the web and N4G would have it at 960 degrees in about 2 minutes.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

The PS3 and 360's market are totally irrelevant to the wii's why? because only hardcore gamers buy real consoles and only casuals and little children want the novelty toy(wii) to play such hits like Carnival Games.

Well the markets ARE kind of different. When parents think of systems for little kids, they think Wii first. Older people seem fond of the Wii as well if statistics are to be believed. I'm not saying Wii doesn't have hardcore games or a hardcore audience, but you have to admit theres some discrepancy......