By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play Sept 24

Not incredible, but nice SoP. Palward surprised me

Ghost of Yotei was a huge reveal. Tsushima is one of PS4 best games, really looking forward it

Zero Dawn remaster was very lowkey, although I'm not sure for who they are selling it since the first one plays just fine and it's not like the audience for this IP increased over time

Curious for ArcheAge Chronicles, don't know about the original

Morel levels for Astrobot!

Release dates for Dynasty Warriors, Monster Hunter Wilds and Dragon Age, all solid stuff

Around the Network

My future grabs:

Lunar Remastered Collection
Fantasian Neo Dimension
Dynasty Warriors Origins
Monster Hunter Wilds
Dragon Age Veilguard

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 25 September 2024

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

The games that were showcased weren't sending most out of the planet's orbit but it was relatively a fine showcase ... Especially saved by the announcement of Ghost of Yotei ! A marquee title and in the open world action-adventure genre on the PS4.

Glad for those who will want to get on with the sequel !

As for personal taste, I got really surprised when I saw the remaster collection for Lunar. I think I read it is supposed to be based on the Saturn version of those games so it'll be a treat.

Fantasian looks really great too.

Ack, if only I wasn't already gonna swim in games by the end of this year 😅

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

The games that were showcased weren't sending most out of the planet's orbit but it was relatively a fine showcase ... Especially saved by the announcement of Ghost of Yotei ! A marquee title and in the open world action-adventure genre on the PS4.

As for personal taste, I got really surprised when I saw the remaster collection for Lunar. I think I read it is supposed to be based on the Saturn version of those games so it'll be a treat.

My worry is when they remastered Grandia they also said based on Saturn but when it came out...PS1 version. So we shall see. Hope it's Saturn.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Mar1217 said:

My worry is when they remastered Grandia they also said based on Saturn but when it came out...PS1 version. So we shall see. Hope it's Saturn.

I mean there's the overworld for starters haha. Were the overworld encounters also in the trailer ? I didn't pick up that detail.

That would tell you which version it could be based on those details.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Norion said:

Overall a nice presentation but man if it wasn't for Yotei saving the end this would've kinda been a flop. Playstation's 2025 is looking better though hopefully there's at least one more big first party game for that year and they finally have another full on big showcase before too much longer.

Maybe Sony is gearing up for a showcase to celebrate PlayStation's 30th Anniversary lol! 

Honestly though, if State of Plays are going to include first party reveals, I don't think Sony needs another big showcase until the PS6 launch, despite how disappointing it might sound now. 

GoY has me a bit torn. It was pleasing yet left me disappointed at the same time.
It's visually stunning and looks interesting, but this entire time I've been expecting a continuation of GoT and it's characters, especially Jin. I've really been looking forward to seeing what comes next for Jin, and to find out they're shifting to an entirely different story and characters is not what I was expecting. After how GoT main story ended, how could you not want to see what comes next? (DLC excluded)
That's not to say GoY won't be as good or better than GoT, but now I can only hope they get back around to continuing Jin's story at some point.

Mar1217 said:

They mentioned they are based on the PS1 “Complete” versions of the games.

Utter Garbage show.... 90% of show is about remasters, DLCs, expansions, and VR.

Sony is sliding downhill quickly...Jim Rayan is fully responsible for the mesriable Sony first party game status.... His plan for GaaS has backfired and put most of first party studios in a huge hole.

Thinking about it, I'm surprised they didn't shadow drop the GT7 demo thing they announced a week or 2 ago. I guess for after TGS.

LegitHyperbole said:
twintail said:

This reads like you've never watched an SoP before lol

But real talk, you'll find a reason to be dissatisfied with the SoP regardless of what they show.

I would prefer to be happy. I want them to make me happy. I don't want to be dissatisfied. Why would I want to be to be unhappy 🙁 

tbh your original message was leading towards just being disappointed before the event even began. If I made a wrong assumption, then apologies on my part. That's my mistake. 

I hope the SoP was good enough to make you consider getting a PS5.