By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play Sept 24

KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:

I've been in love with Ghost of Tsushima since day one, to me it's the game I resonated the most during the whole PS4 gen.

Horizon was the most interesting new IP, The Last of Us 2 the most impressive game and God of War 4 the best game overall... but Ghost of Tsushima was my favorite playthrough.

Thats fair. Its just the big jump in acclaim from so many all of a sudden. Never heard people talking much about it until the sequel was rumored. Maybe it was ahead of its time? I dont know.

The game was very well acclaimed back in 2020, I've seem a good bunch of people that really loved it.

Sadly VGChartz had a massive posts purge, so it might be hard to find, I was looking for my GoT metacritic prediction thread but all my posts are gone from the thread, just a few quoted by other people remain.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9518050

Here is a post I made in June giving ranks to the platinum trophies I have, Ghost of Tsushima was my 26th platinum and I ranked it a S.

I'm not ranking the game, but how I feel about the platinum, tho.

Last year I ranked GoT as the 16th best game in my all time top 50 list. It was the 4th ranked PS4 game behind TLoU2, GoW4 and Persona 5.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 24 September 2024

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Leynos said:

Because it wasn't very good. It felt very much like Western game trying to make a Japanese setting with the same technical and gameplay hangups. I'd rather they made a new Sly Cooper.

Well, it still sold 10 million+ including a million copies in Japan. You have to admit it makes sense people would be excited for a sequel if that many liked it.

McDonalds is the most popular hamburger in the world. Doesn't make it the best. I never argued about GoY at all until someone asked me why I didn't mention it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I came in with zero expectations and it was exactly what I expected. Stellar Blade x NieR crossover is great, Astro DLC is nice. Might give Fantasian a go but this game is better played on Switch tbh. Anything else - have zero interest in. At least GoT sequel was a good first party announcement to close the show

Leynos said:

McDonalds is the most popular hamburger in the world. Doesn't make it the best. I never argued about GoY at all until someone asked me why I didn't mention it.

That's fine, you can be bitter about the game and complain about the SoP all you want.

It's a free forum as long as you comply with the rules, after all.

haxxiy said:
Leynos said:

That's fine, you can be bitter about the game and complain about the SoP all you want.

It's a free forum as long as you comply with the rules, after all.

Not bitter. I have no feelings toward anything else outside of Lunar and SB/Nier. I'd have to feel something to be bitter. It's more IDC. I was asked why I didn't care. I said why I don't care. Don't misconstrue it as anger.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Not bitter. I have no feelings toward anything else outside of Lunar and SB/Nier. I'd have to feel something to be bitter. It's more IDC. I was asked why I didn't care. I said why I don't care. Don't misconstrue it as anger.

Fair enough, I didn't see you had been asked about it before. I was just commenting on why other people would, in fact, care, not that you should.

It was a okay show.

Highlight for me was Lunar Remaster collection

High Priority
-LUNAR Remastered Collection
-Sonic X Shadow Generations

Medium Priority
-FANTASIAN Neo Dimension
-Ghost of Yotei
-Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 Remastered

Low Priority
-Dynasty Warriors: Origins
-Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
-LEGO Horizon Adventures
-Monster Hunter Wilds
-Towers of Aghasba

Definitely interested in Ghost. GoT was excellent. Sucker Punch is easily Sony's best studio.

Nothing else resonated with me. I have Zero Dawn on PC, I don't see the need to upgrade, it already looks and plays great.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

GoY is goat. Def a day 1 purchase. Love it.

Lego Horizons continues to look fun, but wish there was a deeper dive into the actual gameplay loop.

Horizons remaster looks great. Obvious upgrade 1 path like every other PS5 remaster Sony has done. The fact it's being done by Nixxies is even better: shows they're expanding beyond just PC ports.

I think it was a good SoP, lots of other interesting stuff... Hitman PSVR2? yes!

The fact that 20min didn't get wasted on showing live service crap Fair games(aka concord 2.0) is already an improvement...

Ghost of yotei is a must buy this game and the recent astro bot is what deserves investing into.