By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you or would you buy a console for one exclusive? (poll)

I bought/would buy a system for one exclusive...

Yes. 25 55.56%

No. 20 44.44%

Total:45

Yes, I have. Original Xbox for Shenmue II. But it came with Jet Set Radio Future and SEGA GT 2002. I ended up loving JSRF far more than Shenmue II. Then I ended up with a bunch more Xbox games over time. I often felt it was ok to buy a console initially for 1 exclusive because I know more games are coming to it. You still will end up with a handful or a bunch of games for it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Nope though with the industry going in an increasingly multiplatform direction I dunno if I'll ever buy another console again.

I continued buying XBOXes after the OG XBOX for Halo specifically. Got the XBONE for Halo 5, but that was the end after that disappointment. Kept buying NIntendo consoles for Mario and Zelda games, but even though I'm sure the franchises are still great I was never able to get into the 3D aspect of either of those, I finally stopped trying after Gamecube and DS. Though I will say the non-exclusives had me actually playing the DS vs not playing my Gamecube.

I will add, that while RPGs are a genre rather than an exclusive, I buy Playstations for that reason. FF7 being exclusive on PS1 is the reason why I got it. Kept buying Playstations because they just kept being RPG magnets.

Last edited by dharh - on 19 September 2024

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I bought the WiiU for Breath of the Wild (Cheaper than buying a Switch).
I bought the original Xbox for Halo: Combat Evolved.
I bought the Xbox 360 for Halo 3.
I bought the Playstation 3 for Uncharted.
I bought the Playstation 1 for Final Fantasy 8.
I bought the Nintendo 64 for Goldeneye.

It happens often, one amazing game is worth the purchase price of a console in my opinion.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I bought the original Xbox for the first Splinter Cell game. Was not disappointed. And it was a good thing, too, because it opened the door for RTCW, Xbox Live in general (which was so far ahead of what PS2 was doing, it was laughable), PSO and, of course, Halo 1/2.

Around the Network

No I didn't and I would not buy a console for the prospect of a single exclusive.

Even the Switch I waited on buying it in it's first year but only came around to it once I had a couple of games I at least knew I wanted to play in the immediate or near future.

Depending on the slate of games that will release during the first year of the Switch successor, I will make my purchasing decision then or unless there's anactual boost to the BC games going forward.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I was gong to say no but I forgot that I did buy a used Atari Jaguar at a garage sale for $10 a long time ago to play Aliens vs Predator.

Bayonetta 2 sold me on the Wii U.

Uncharted 2 sold me on the PS3.

Gears of War sold me on the 360.

I did however buy them with the expectation I'd find lots more worth playing, those games were simply the ones that made me pull the trigger.

LegitHyperbole said:

twintail said:

no, need other stuff to get to make a purchase

How many titles would you say you'd need. And would future titles that are promised sway you to a decision?

Can be a combination of the 2. I don't mind knowing future stuff in in the works and buying with that in mind.

Probably around 5 titles. I'm thinking about the PS5 now as I don't own one yet: FF16 and Astrobot (out), Wolverine and Lego Horizon (future), GoT sequel (unannounced but guaranteed to be coming I feel). 

Of course, I also have some stuff from PS+ that I'll be interested to play: Calisto Protocol, and A Plague Tale 1 and 2. 

I kinda bought the PS4 at the end of it's life for Spider Man but turned out I didn't like it besides the flying around part, so it is my The Last of Us 1&2 machine now, but I did play a lot of Trials Fusion, Trials Rising, Dirt Rally 2.0 and some other stuff on it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.